John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone before start of the season. Just can't see us being able to hang onto him, once they come back with a proper bid.

The only worry is they will just keep bidding until we accept, or this sparks a bidding war. Can't say I'm all that surprised, we knew it was coming sooner or later

City and Utd will join in pushing the price up.

He will go in my opinion so it's all about getting the best price now.

Gone before start of the season. Just can't see us being able to hang onto him, once they come back with a proper bid.

This scares me, once they start throwing silly money around are we going to be able to hold out. They've got to see him as the long term replacement for John Terry. Could imagine they'd try and sweeten the deal by giving a season long loan back as well.... Feel a bit sick.....

Right, this is upsetting and has ruined Friday. Let's be fair, I can't see the lad asking to leave - he seems to grounded and too sensible (i hope).

So it's going to take a silly bid. Equally, all the Johnny Evans stuff makes more sense now.

I'd accept £50m.

He'll be off before the current window closes. It just depends how much we hold out for.

Vault me.

Reactions: Tez

He has just as much potential as Rio Ferdinand did when he went to United for about 30 million almost 15 yesars ago, hence why the current league champions are after him. If he is to go, then it should be for 40 million minimum. Chelsea are trying to get him cheap now, because they know he will be Europe's hottest property in 12 months time after the Euros!.

Chelsea have obviously been given some type of green light from Stones agent to make a bid. Hopefully get in the region of 40 million.

Looks like Evans is his replacement and we will wheel and deal with the rest of the money.

Awfull news, the bid is irrelvent, Chelsea have the power to increase it, its whether the lad wants the move or not now that he knows a CL club is interested - is the key issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.