Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not done a tremendous amount for all these platitudes so I'd urge caution, you jarg kopites.

Granted he's preferable to Howard at the moment but that's not saying much.

This is where I still am. He's got some plus point, like his distibution which is really impressive, but I do still have some lingering doubts about him.

Deserves a chance though. And yes, better than Howard, but who isn't right now?

Great stat but "option" ffs. Here's an option for you Joe, how about you go stick your head in an oven or alternatively, take a nice, relaxing bath with a toaster, you utter Ted.
image.jpg

I really like Joel, definitely the type of character we want at the club. I remember when Wigan went down and he was on loan he was crying on the pitch - liked him since then.

That and then west ham away in the cup last year made me love him unreservedly. He gave absolutely everything in that game, it looked like he'd left his heart on the pitch at the end.

He's not done a tremendous amount for all these platitudes so I'd urge caution, you jarg kopites.

Granted he's preferable to Howard at the moment but that's not saying much.

Nobody is hyping him up to be Southall but he's done more than enough to have displaced Howard now and absolutely deserves his chance (even if it's only been afforded to him though injury). If he continues to play well it might mean we don't need a new starting keeper, but a sub.

From Martinez:

Having made the change, I think that is time on Howard being the first choice.

He has to notice it. I cannot see any reason why he wouldn't connect the two clean sheets with Joel being in goal. Not only is he a better shot stopper but he gives the defence more confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.