Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard or Robles mate ?

robles wins, gloves down.

i've had enough of howard i really have. we needed a new 1st choice keeper THIS summer. i'm going to hate watching howard costing us every fortnight again. robles will cost us points obviously, but i can't see how he'd cost us more than howard, it's almost impossible.

anyway, even if he does, maybe letting howard know he's not invincible would be the kick up the arse he'd need if he came back.

Needs a run of games not just the sporadic cup games, played 3 in a row last year 3 clean sheets of memory serves me right should have earned him the right to carry on. We would have a clearer picture now if he was/is any good.

Seems to be a confidence player. Loan him to a la liga team get first team football, attempt to off load TH next summer and see if Robles is good enough to come in off his confidence filled season. I still have reservation, not sure he's the right long term choice, but a loan away would increase his opportunity in offloading him.

i've had enough of howard i really have. we needed a new 1st choice keeper THIS summer. i'm going to hate watching howard costing us every fortnight again. robles will cost us points obviously, but i can't see how he'd cost us more than howard, it's almost impossible.

anyway, even if he does, maybe letting howard know he's not invincible would be the kick up the arse he'd need if he came back.
laughing-at-work.jpg

What are you watching that i'm not ? He is an absolute nervous wreck whenever the ball comes near him. He is a shocking goalkeeper. One of the worst i have seen pull on our shirt. As has been said, yes we do need a goalkeeper and Howard isn't the answer no more but goodness me he is a lot more reliable that Joel. With money a massive problem for us, i believe the money we do have should be spent elsewhere. Bringing in a new number 1 is going to cost us millions and those millions need to be spent in other area's of our team.

Haha have a day off lad.

Both crap but Robles is an absolute abomination. The defence are panic struck with him.

He can chip a ball into a basketball hoop though.

I think last night showed that he needs to be playing more regularly, the criticisms from last night are same as when he was playing the odd cup game previously, when he got a run in the side he was way better than Howard was at that time but admittedly that wasn't difficult. I see any 'good' games Howard has now as against the norm tbh cos in comparison to the time he has on the pitch and the amount of mistakes he makes they go against the grain, he should head to MLS imo.

I wanted him to get a run in the side last year, but let's be honest he was not very good last night........

Can't for the life of me figure out why RM hasn't loaned Robles out yet. It's clear he needs regular first-team football, and only after that can we see if he can replace TH or not. One thing's for certain, when he plays in the one-off game, he is shocking

Can't for the life of me figure out why RM hasn't loaned Robles out yet. It's clear he needs regular first-team football, and only after that can we see if he can replace TH or not. One thing's for certain, when he plays in the one-off game, he is shocking
In front of that defence last night it was like Fred karnos I had him down for a one goal mistake the 2nd one, looks devoid of confidence to me!

laughing-at-work.jpg

What are you watching that i'm not ? He is an absolute nervous wreck whenever the ball comes near him. He is a shocking goalkeeper. One of the worst i have seen pull on our shirt. As has been said, yes we do need a goalkeeper and Howard isn't the answer no more but goodness me he is a lot more reliable that Joel. With money a massive problem for us, i believe the money we do have should be spent elsewhere. Bringing in a new number 1 is going to cost us millions and those millions need to be spent in other area's of our team.

The fella in the foreground looks like hes getting a blowie under the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.