Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was inexcusable on Wednesday, absolutely awful. I'm not gonna do a Dougie and be like "oh the floodlight clearly got in his eyes, any goalkeeper would have been put off by that"

Get away with playing Howard like we did on Saturday?
Howard made stops against City that Robles could never, ever make. That's not to say Howard wasn't at fault for the first goal, but the suggestion that we would have kept a clean sheet with Robles in nets instead is astonishing.

The last Everton keeper to have a top-drawer performance against City was Jan Mucha - who, incidentally, I would have in the squad ahead of Robles every day of the week.

Howard made stops against City that Robles could never, ever make. That's not to say Howard wasn't at fault for the first goal, but the suggestion that we would have kept a clean sheet with Robles in nets instead is astonishing.

The last Everton keeper to have a top-drawer performance against City was Jan Mucha - who, incidentally, I would have in the squad ahead of Robles every day of the week.
Howard made some basic stops that any goalkeeper in the league should make. Robles made a few more difficult saves on Wednesday.

I am in the Howard Out and lets try Robles for a few games camp.

Surely the Palace home game last season was enough evidence that he Howard is a liability. And he was at it again against City. Being beaten at the near post is a cardinal sin for a goalie.

Robles after his effort last season deserves a chance of a run of games.

Awful. I think the only reason we got a point against the Dark Side last season was because the 6 man defence in front of him kept them out.

He's been awful from the moment he came and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

yeah but if we compare him to howard who dropped the ball into his own net in the other derby costing us the chance to get 3 points, it's suddenly starting to look more rosy.

He was shocking last season when he first came in to the side. After a run he settled down and looked decent before he was dropped again once Howard got fit. I wouldn't write him off, seems he needs games to get going but once he has them he is fine.

He's looked poor in every game but two, they were solid nothing exceptional. Howard is in a completely different league to this fella, and even Howard shouldn't be our first choice keeper. If Robles played for most premier league tables we would be laughing at them. If Martinez rates him then he should play him.If he sees him as the future then sitting on a bench every week is not gonna do any good for him at all. Goalkeepers should be getting game time to get experience while they are young, let them be number 2's as they get older.

how refreshing to watch another 90 mins of robles not slicing at least one kick into touch. he did alright like, faultless for the goal regardless of what some of the match thread were saying.

my favourite was the one who said he stayed on his line haha

Joel robles - jobles role (hopefully soon) obviously we had a great career out of southall + also martyn was a great signing for his age as well, but other then that really what is it with us and keepers!

Robles made to look as good as Gordon Banks compared with City's no 2 Keeper yesterday v Spurs, worse keeping performance for a long time that cost city big time! apart from the offside goals he was awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.