Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something about Joel that suggest the defenders prefer having him in goal. It was the same last year when he came in for Howard, that we started defending better as a unit without the keeper himself having to do an awful lot.

I like Robles. I'd like to see him stay and retain No.1. He deserves it for his form. Showed some ability last year under difficult circumstances, showing massive improvement now.

Even 1 on 1 now Im expecting a save from him. Never drops a cross. Reflexes improving. And the defence like him it seems.

Well let's see over rest of season.

In terms of age he's just entering his prime years for a keeper.

Personally I think we have more pressing issues. Stek as a backup is serviceable as well.

Dont agree thst Stek can cut the mustard, even as back up.

When he is poor, he is Tim Howard in his last season.

We need someone who, if stuck in for 10 games aint going to lose u 3 on his own.

Stek would 3 easy.

Dont agree thst Stek can cut the mustard, even as back up.

When he is poor, he is Tim Howard in his last season.

We need someone who, if stuck in for 10 games aint going to lose u 3 on his own.

Stek would 3 easy.

To be fair to Stek, he's also got match winning/ point saving performances in him as we've seen this season but he's very hot and cold.

I think that even Robles' detractors would agree that he has stepped up this season.

He looks the real deal and his stats are amazing this season. Why would you want to get the ex-City
keeper who has been dodgy on a number of times?

If Robles is allowed to leave he will be in Camp Barca or Madrid in a blink of an eye..

I think that even Robles' detractors would agree that he has stepped up this season.

He looks the real deal and his stats are amazing this season. Why would you want to get the ex-City
keeper who has been dodgy on a number of times?

If Robles is allowed to leave he will be in Camp Barca or Madrid in a blink of an eye..
Steady on mate. Maybe at Malaga or Sociedad

It's great that Joel Robles is taking his chance to stake his claim for the number one role certainly for the rest of this season... and if his personal form continues to impress and RK gets the definite vibe that the defence are confident of him as the last line, then the need to go into the summer transfer market for a new keeper is greatly reduced.

Joel is big and vocal, and defenders appreciate a goalie who asserts himself. What he and the team need to tighten up on is defending set pieces as sometimes opposition corners seem to cause a degree of uncertainty even panic at times.

As others have said, at 24 he has years till he reaches his peak and if he can maintain his current form and improve, then it'll be great for him and the club.

If Robles is allowed to leave he will be in Camp Barca or Madrid in a blink of an eye
old-lol.gif

It's great that Joel Robles is taking his chance to stake his claim for the number one role certainly for the rest of this season... and if his personal form continues to impress and RK gets the definite vibe that the defence are confident of him as the last line, then the need to go into the summer transfer market for a new keeper is greatly reduced.

Joel is big and vocal, and defenders appreciate a goalie who asserts himself. What he and the team need to tighten up on is defending set pieces as sometimes opposition corners seem to cause a degree of uncertainty even panic at times.

As others have said, at 24 he has years till he reaches his peak and if he can maintain his current form and improve, then it'll be great for him and the club.
I have high hopes for the lad. I don't like to make lazy comparisons or burden people with the expectations of them, but, from first seeing him, the way he reacts (reactions) and his spring and agility, and the way he can fill a goal, reminded me of Big Nev. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.