Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to taint this, see though the pattern recently which has seen young players come in and pretty much make the positions their own-- example Oviedo/baines

I think as long as no errors he may well stay 1st choice from now on- big call but martinez has form with him at wigan and paid a fee for him.

Not a chance. Howard has been exceptional this year and is a very experienced prem keeper. He's not losing his job after 2 games.

Lets see what happens today, if oviedo is dropped for baines...similar situation.

What if robles has a couple of stormers...

Meh...don't matter...he could be all world, but doesn't change the fact he's the #2 keeper.

I still don't understand why folks round here feel the need to create controversy/unrest. Howard is #1...Robles is his backup...simples like

Looking forward to the lad getting an oppurtunity today.

Seeing we are linked to Alex McCarthy today as well - looked a really top keeper last season before injury.

Confident he'll bé ok from what ive seen of him, but as soon as Tim is back he'll go straight back in he been brilliant this season probably helps as he has healthy competition for his spot.

Big day for him today, play well and keep him in. Been a good thing having someone push Howard for his spot, now he's gotta put pressure on him to keep it and make Howard put the pressure on.

I'm with jdizzledawg on this one...no chance Howard doesn't get his spot back straight away...he's been very good this season.

Martinez lets people play if they're playing well. If Robles has a stormer I can't see him returning straight the bench -- or at the very least he'll play again very soon.

Could see Robles starting the QPR game, so personally think he'll stay there until then. Bring Howard back after the FA Cup game.

Give him 20 matches and he will become our GK for the next 10 years or so.
This kid is even better than Howard.

For those that watched the game today, how did he do? Did he have much to do? Should he have done better for their goal?

Do we think he's got promise for the future or is he another Kearton/Gerrard/Simonsen/Mucha...insert average keepers name here

He parried a simple shot because his handling isn't the best, recovered with a good point blank save.

I don't think he's a long term Everton 'keeper though, but we've been spoiled with the likes of Southall, Martyn etc. so perhaps we just have impossibly high expectations.

This was after the Sland game, and I've got to say I have major concerns about his handling. He should have saved that all day long; I don't know if he's shutting his eyes as he goes for the save or his reflexes are a bit off but he's very unconvincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.