Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this even a thread. We are not signing him, especially at such ridiculous wages
19213E49-DAFD-4C05-AD07-5110A61643FF.jpeg

Why is this even a thread. We are not signing him, especially at such ridiculous wages
£7.5 mill a season?
We have a lot of players that cost more than that. Plenty of the players we are linked to this summer will cost more than that.

Not really a fan, but to give him £150k a week makes a lot more sense than the deal the club with Spurs for Dele Alli.

United did him dirty last summer by asking for silly money. They could have cashed in but wanted to keep without having plans to use him. I am sure he would have been great for West Ham.

No reason to believe the numbers from the press anyway. He is a free player with agents working for him to secure him a good deal. Of course they ask for a lot of money. It is their job. It is never players coming up with these numbers.

£7.5 mill a season?
We have a lot of players that cost more than that. Plenty of the players we are linked to this summer will cost more than that.

Not really a fan, but to give him £150k a week makes a lot more sense than the deal the club with Spurs for Dele Alli.

United did him dirty last summer by asking for silly money. They could have cashed in but wanted to keep without having plans to use him. I am sure he would have been great for West Ham.

No reason to believe the numbers from the press anyway. He is a free player with agents working for him to secure him a good deal. Of course they ask for a lot of money. It is their job. It is never players coming up with these numbers.

Not sure if you are being serious

212 club games in his career (that includes lower league loans) spread over 11 years. I dunno if that's down to injury or attitude but it's Mina levels of availability.

I'm not sure UTD 'did him dirty' as you claim. It's not like they stopped paying him and sent him to train alone. He had every opportunity to force himself into a poor UTD side and didn't manage to do so.

He's had one hot streak in his career that was compressed into a few short weeks of a weird season with everyone knackered and him coming in fresh.

He'd be right up alongside Mark Hughes in the incredibly stupid Everton signings league.

As for your 'Rather him than Dele' shout, one of them is genuinely talented, one was hyped up early in his career because of where he played.

100% predicated on the fact he was/is at Utd, was a bit part International and had two little purple patches in a sea of mediocrity. Before his stint in London, his avg was 1 in almost 8, as an attacking mid/winger...barely above Anthony Gordon's first full season. If he has a "name", it's not well-earned for a career on the pitch.

He's just another poster boy for what's wrong with football.

Ribery was a name, Robben was a name. This squad-filler of a footballer? Nah. But it's just an opinion.
This really. And the price of mediocrity is £200,000 a week, my god football is ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.