Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like posters want Cornet for no other reason than he scored 9 league goals last season (3 while playing at centre forward) as the 'main man' and focal point for Burnley.

Very similar to Dennis in terms of having a good 2.5 months in his career -- which happened to be last season.

Lingard wouldnt be my first, second, third or fourth choice but overall I think he'd add more than those two players.

The social media stuff doesnt particularly bother me.

Not really. He was highly rated in France when he was younger, played through the national levels and broke through Lyon. If you're a footy manager head, he's usually one of the cheeky ones to watch.

He adapted to the league well which isn't always the case with attacking players from Ligue 1. He wasn't a huge surprise to do well at Burnley IMO or someone who popped up out of the blue - was always more "how did they get him?"

If you compare him to Saint Maximan for example, he's a better goal threat (by far) compared to him and also puts in a shift defensively. ASM is more creative but basically gets a free role.

He's also got a relegation clause and is cheap.

Not really. He was highly rated in France when he was younger, played through the national levels and broke through Lyon. If you're a footy manager head, he's usually one of the cheeky ones to watch.

He adapted to the league well which isn't always the case with attacking players from Ligue 1. He wasn't a huge surprise to do well at Burnley IMO or someone who popped up out of the blue - was always more "how did they get him?"

If you compare him to Saint Maximan for example, he's a better goal threat (by far) compared to him and also puts in a shift defensively. ASM is more creative but basically gets a free role.

He's also got a relegation clause and is cheap.

If you check the vaults I'd compare Cornet to Arouna Kone or Stuart Barlow.

I dont rate him in the slightest...if you ask any Lyon fans Im sure they would agree with me.

Don't be ridiculous.

Cornet's by no means ideal. But Lingard is an absolute trumpet.

Why on earth would anyone advocate making Lingard our highest earner? He and Rondon just had virtually identical seasons (statistically speaking).
Yeah but does Salamander Rondon have his own clothing line AND hashtag?!?! Think of all the MySpace fans on the interwebs this guy will bring our way!

Well I think his wages will be astronomical
If he's offering himself to every tom, [Poor language removed] and harry in USA, Saudi and in between, it's a fair bet to say he's chasing the best pay cheque possible. Think we've had enough coasters wanting the pay cheque over the years. Don't need any more.

Sign him NOW FFS

4F637766-FEEC-4CC0-A411-658AD8658161.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.