Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well he's better than a lot of our midfield as far as I can tell.
We are never happy it appears to me.
I'd be more enthused if we got a high energy midfielder who likes to tackle first. After that, I'll be looking forward to most players we are linked with.

It's the wages that bother me (and the similarities to Dele). If he isn't as productive as we want, we will struggle to get shut.

Per your example, I think Kean has been OK. We gave it a go, didn't work, will recoup our cash. However, we gave massive wages to Sandro and then couldn't get rid when he didn't turn out to be good enough. We can't be offering those kind of contracts anymore.

There is a way around that, pay someone larger signing on/exit fees and reduce the weekly value so another side can hope to match it. I guess it would be better for us to pay the 100k a week though so our accounts look like we haven't spent much. Same as Tarkowski, we are paying him high wages but it amounts to 20 odd million which is what we would have spent on the fee to Burnley alone. If he's failing half way through we could say here is 33% of what you have remaining, go find a club where you'll play and hopefully that makes up the difference.

The absolute last thing we need is a player that is 29, would want high wages and has a travelling circus of media attention and tiktok [Poor language removed]. We need to step away from these types of players and nurture young talent that can be of value in the future by either selling them on or getting them to reach their potential with us. Yes, Lingard did well at WH but when he joined them they were a good side because Moyes hadstructured them well and they were on a high. At United (who I'd argue are just a better version of us right now - terribly run on and off the pitch) he's been absolutely [Poor language removed].

Status
Not open for further replies.