Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Everton would sign Dele and Lingard in a span of 6 months, two washed position less players who occupy the same spot and who are both on massive wages. What the $&!$ is wrong with us. It’s not that difficult to buy young players with potential from abroad or the Championship. But we continually do this crap over and over again.

Well, we haven't signed him yet .

Although the traditional midwindow collective head explosion is always good value.

Uh ho

https://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/en/#top-nav2

Everton Lingard.jpg

Anyone who wants Lingard also thinks BK is a good chairman.

Please wake up
Actually Lingard was very good at West Ham. Plus he wants to play the world cup! Compared to Ali (a guy that has done nothing for 3 years) , a no brainer. Wont happen so because better clubs are in the running!

Did alright for wham though didn't he? He might be in that category that can't do it under extreme pressure but might at a club like us. Kean/Sandro could be seen as imaginative but that didn't particularly work out either. We just need someone who can score 10 goals next season and be better than Rondon. Does he fit that...probably.
It's the wages that bother me (and the similarities to Dele). If he isn't as productive as we want, we will struggle to get shut.

Per your example, I think Kean has been OK. We gave it a go, didn't work, will recoup our cash. However, we gave massive wages to Sandro and then couldn't get rid when he didn't turn out to be good enough. We can't be offering those kind of contracts anymore.

He would improve us cos we are crap but his age is a no, we have to learn. He won't be free, signing on fee and huge wages and massive ego

I’d rather we look at a players application.

We did the football manager moneyball signing with Moise Kean and that was a disaster as he had no interest in being here. We’ve bought each and every type of player profile from different backgrounds imaginable and a lot of them have utterly failed. Even Vlasic Lookman Sandro Onyekeru were all this type of young up and coming profile

So I don’t think it’s necessarily about the player age or background. It’s fundamentally about are they willing to work for Everton and show their best football. Mykolenko is, Richarlison was, Barry did under Martinez, Gueye did, there’s no common denomination there. Even some of our best PL players Kanchelskis, Limpar, Yakubu, Lukaku Jagielka Baines were ex PL players.

We’ve had too many players though who just don’t want to play for us. Sadly that’s a problem we’ll continue to have, the young elite of European football do not dream of playing for Everton. So we have to be more targeted in our recruitment to find players with the motivation to play for us

Status
Not open for further replies.