Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on where we currently are personell wise I can't see it anyway. Time to get players in yes .but currently our squad is bottom 6.
I agree, but we’ve cleared loads of wage and brought in cash.
Add Tarkowski and Lingard both on frees and we’ve still got spare wage and cash to fill in those CM positions. Maybe a loan like Gallagher, Zinchenko who’s been mentioned, maybe we play more a 4231 with Lingard/Dele central behind Dom and Gray/Gordon/Townsend on the wings.

I think he’s a good option for free and the creative kind of player we desperately need.

Only Everton would sign Dele and Lingard in a span of 6 months, two washed position less players who occupy the same spot and who are both on massive wages. What the $&!$ is wrong with us. It’s not that difficult to buy young players with potential from abroad or the Championship. But we continually do this crap over and over again.

Don’t get the hate on this one? Wasn’t he banging them in for fun at West Ham not so long ago? I am sure I should be hating though, can someone explain?

….I’d be more concerned that he’s failing to get game time in a very ordinary United team.

A loan is much different to a permanent transfer. A huge risk that the game doesn’t matter, you see players form pick up when they want a new deal and then dip when it’s signed.

I agree, but we’ve cleared loads of wage and brought in cash.
Add Tarkowski and Lingard both on frees and we’ve still got spare wage and cash to fill in those CM positions. Maybe a loan like Gallagher, Zinchenko who’s been mentioned, maybe we play more a 4231 with Lingard/Dele central behind Dom and Gray/Gordon/Townsend on the wings.

I think he’s a good option for free and the creative kind of player we desperately need.
I'd like to share your optimism
But I see us making the same mistakes again with players like lingard.
I see us struggling again , changing managers around October and rinse repeat.

Hardly a surprise and certainly not an exciting signing.... I still think he will go to West Ham.

Not a bad player and I can tolerate his arrival with the experience he brings as long as we also sign young talent like KLP to develop over the longer term.
He did well at West Ham and certainly would bring energy and pace to the team but not a signing to give long term hope to the downtrodden Everton supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.