Jermaine Beckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Southampton vs Huddersfield last night and was pleasantly surprised.
Saints play attractive attacking football and may well go up. Anyway, if we are looking at a League One striker then Jermaine Beckford is way off.
Rickie Lambert would be a wiser choice in my opinion. He's big, powerful and has a right knack of being in the right place at the right time.
Also, one for the future, Morgan Schneiderlein is an ideal defensive midfielder and apparently is France under 21 captain (so said my mate!)

Anyway, just some opinions there!

My brother was in the same team as Rickie Lambert as a youngster so I've always kept an eye on his progress, glad he's doing the business after a big move. He must be around 28 now though & Southampton would want a decent fee having spent a few quid on someone who's been a huge success so I don't think he's someone we'll be looking at

I wouldn't sign Beckford if he was free, bad attitude and it'll be Alex Nyarko all over again!

Nyarko cost us 4 & a half million quid, had never played in England before & was signed to go straight into the 1st team. If we sign Beckford it'll be on a free & he'll come into the squad to battle for a place with 4 other forwards. How you can compare the 2 is beyond me

I see some of you have your positive heads on this morning. (n)
At least let's get the kid signed before knocking him. He's a talent.

Nyarko cost us 4 & a half million quid, had never played in England before & was signed to go straight into the 1st team. If we sign Beckford it'll be on a free & he'll come into the squad to battle for a place with 4 other forwards. How you can compare the 2 is beyond me

I wasn't comparing them as players, but as people.

He's got a bad attitude.

Like Nyarko

If he's got a bad attitude he'll get put in his place by the staff then either get his head right & become a useful player for us or sulk around for a bit before we sell him for a few million quid profit to a Championship team

Really is a no brainer this 1

Hope we don't sign him. Don't think he will ever make it at this level and he has a bad attitude. Also, although we could sell him, I don't think people will be willing to pay as much for him after he has flopped as they would do now. It would also mean less playing time for the likes of Vaughan and Anichebe I would think.

i think he`s good and seemed to have a high profile player attitude against man united and tottnham.

if he`s asked to leave could get him for 5 mil.

Vaughan and Anichebe would be well advised to take the next step, and find another team while the iron is hot. I really don't see them getting much of a chance here other than late substitutions and cover.

Its bang on from my source at leeds in the 1st team. A cert he's coming to Everton on a free in the summer.

as posted elsewhere but thought I'd bump this up even though I informed everyone on here two/three weeks ago its a cert.

My point is the guy has scored goals against premier league opposition (Man Utd and Tottenham) from poorer service and in a division 1 team.

For a free player its worth us seeing what he can do. We could also make him a better player. Thats the big attraction of our club. We make players better. Jagielka. Baines. Pienaar. Just illustrations

He's strong got a nasty streak - which we miss in Yak and Saha and can make his own chances. If he's getting better quality service from a midfield who actually play football he can do the business.

See what Moyes can do with him

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.