Jermaine Beckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, in league one

By all means, if we get him, we get him.

But if anyone is expecting him to be a player that's gonna get a team 20 goals a season will be very disappointed.

Take this into account- would he get a chance in the England squad?

For a freebie, he could scored just 10 goals for all i care.

Yeah, in league one

By all means, if we get him, we get him.

But if anyone is expecting him to be a player that's gonna get a team 20 goals a season will be very disappointed.

Take this into account- would he get a chance in the England squad?

With Englands lack of Centre forwards...

With Englands lack of Centre forwards...

Point being.... I thought were supposed to try and break the top four or be a top 5 team. You need a striker that scores goals, gets you 10 to 15 a season at least. Players like that tend to get chances in their international squad at some point cos they can perform at a high level.

Would beckford be good enough to get a chance like that at 26? Like I say, he'd be on a free, but anyone expecting him to be the class we need up front like a yak or Saha could be in for a shock.

Point being.... I thought were supposed to try and break the top four or be a top 5 team. You need a striker that scores goals, gets you 10 to 15 a season at least. Players like that tend to get chances in their international squad at some point cos they can perform at a high level.

Would beckford be good enough to get a chance like that at 26? Like I say, he'd be on a free, but anyone expecting him to be the class we need up front like a yak or Saha could be in for a shock.

Heskey is in the England squad so why not.

Could do a Darren Bent, make the step up and get 15, 20 goals, hes an Owen, Defoe type player - he will offer us something different.

We have lacked a cutting edge going forward in recent weeks. Though i dontbeleive thats our main problem.

Could do a Darren Bent, make the step up and get 15, 20 goals, hes an Owen, Defoe type player - he will offer us something different.

We have lacked a cutting edge going forward in recent weeks. Though i dontbeleive thats our main problem.

Owen and Defoe are totally different from each other

Owen and Defoe are totally different from each other

Not for me the both play on the shoulder of the last man and rely on their movement, and instinct to get in between centre halves and find space in the box to execute their instinctive finishing.

Which is why you are more likely to see an Owen - Heskey, Defoe - Heskey partnership then an Owen - Defoe one.

Heskey is there to do a job.

Overall, if were gonna be pinning hopes on a ego driven 26 year old who has never played in the top flight and expect him to perform at the highest level, which is international class if were meant to be up there in the top 4....then it's a backstep for the club Imo

Heskey is there to do a job.

Overall, if were gonna be pinning hopes on a ego driven 26 year old who has never played in the top flight and expect him to perform at the highest level, which is international class if were meant to be up there in the top 4....then it's a backstep for the club Imo

You mean like Super Tim Cahill!

Interesting listening to the Sky boys discussing the lad. They reckon he's done thr right thing staying with Leeds at least until the end of the season. And what Scott Minto says must be true.lol

What i found interesting was the fact that nobody mentioned the 'pre-contract' we alledgedly have with him.

This was made up wasn't it?!:dodgy:

Interesting listening to the Sky boys discussing the lad. They reckon he's done thr right thing staying with Leeds at least until the end of the season. And what Scott Minto says must be true.lol

What i found interesting was the fact that nobody mentioned the 'pre-contract' we alledgedly have with him.

This was made up wasn't it?!:dodgy:

No. Greyson (the leeds manager) came out and said he's got a pre-contract with us.

BECKFORD 'AGREES' EVERTON DEAL | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

FOOTBALL NEWS

Jermaine Beckford - set for Everton?

Leeds United manager Simon Grayson says bigger teams than Everton may yet move for Jermaine Beckford amid reports the striker has agreed a pre-contract with the Premier League club.

Beckford, whose current Leeds contract expires in the summer, recently withdrew a request to leave Elland Road before the close of the transfer window.

He had been a target for Newcastle United, with the Championship leaders reportedly having several bids for the forward turned down by Leeds.

However, reports now suggest that Beckford has already signed a pre-contract to move to Everton when his Leeds deal runs out.

When the speculation was put to Grayson, the Whites manager said Beckford could attract the attention of bigger clubs than the Toffees if he continues to score goals regularly.

"Pre-contract agreements aren't binding, so both parties could pull out at any time," said Grayson in The Sun.

"If he bangs in another 20 goals, there might be bigger teams than Everton coming in for him."

I know. But how come it's never mentioned after that?

Anyway he's playing a bit dodge tonight!

Cos it doesnt really mean much.

We're probably the only "big club" interested in him, so as a precaution if everything goes tits up he's agreed that he'll speak terms with us in the summer but can go anywhere if anyone takes an interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.