2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it true the Benitez camp had people trying to drum up support for him online? I’m sure I remember the big man on here mentioning something about it at the time
Am not sure it wouldn’t surprise me tho. He had all his buddies in the media on side. It still annoys me now that some people try and say he was only sacked because the fans didn’t want him because he was ex Liverpool manger. completely forgetting the awful run of results that would of got any manger in world football the sack.

A lot did support him but then the results turned and the thing everyone tried to ignore came to the fore.

Its not hard to understand. Be as edgy or controversial as you want.

Most didn't support him because he could not get results and fell out with a significant portion of the football operations.
Exactly.

Whilst I wasn't extatic with his appointment I was willing to give support.

To be fair, the first 6 games he did better than many expected. (I actually thought the next 4 were winnable too, we didn't win any of them.) As soon as we went in that run he was done.

I actually think the Arsenal win was in the long run unfortunate as it bought him a few games reprieve when actually, the game was up by Mid/Late November.

Exactly.

Whilst I wasn't extatic with his appointment I was willing to give support.

To be fair, the first 6 games he did better than many expected. (I actually thought the next 4 were winnable too, we didn't win any of them.) As soon as we went in that run he was done.

I actually think the Arsenal win was in the long run unfortunate as it bought him a few games reprieve when actually, the game was up by Mid/Late November.
To be fair we had a few injuries and suspensions after those six games.

If CSKA don't want him there's not much of a market for him, his value is rock bottom. Might as well give him a summer with FL. On the rare occasions where he was fit, he looked imposing. He's a unit and he can move. It might have been - Huddersfield in a cup tie? - but I remember him looking like he was a figure in a toy train layout who was the next scale bigger than all the other figures and he was just bossing it.

Of course then he got another owie, but what the hell- let's see if the player from Mainz is still anywhere in there.

Questions about his fitness
Questions about his attitude
Questions about his ability

That sure is a lot of questions

Remember this from September 2021? So yeah, nothwithstanding that I just said give him a shot, I'm not optimistic.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-ps25000-fine-and-driving-ban-reports-3400340

Everton midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin has been banned from driving and hit with a £25,000 fine after crashing his car while drink-driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.