2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came over in an era of signing daft players. And we weren't mad excited when we signed him. It be unexpected if he turns out good for us especially not playing footy for 2 years.

Can you imagine the confidence boost for him to get over playing a full competitive match without injury? He’ll come on leaps and bounds now if he can stay fit. Given the standard of central midfielders we’ve had at Everton recently including: Schneiderlin Cleverley Siggurdson Davies Gomes (post injury) Besic (post injury), Klaasen, if Gbamin can run faster than an average person’s jog and occasionally pass to a man in a blue shirt then he’ll automatically be better than any of those clowns.

i would honestly loan him to a top tier championship side for 6 months. That way he gets game time where they are playing at 100 miles an hour. If he can get through that unscathed and get his touch back, come January we should hopefully have a decent player. No point sticking him in u23 games

He looks like someone who hasn't played for 2 years, it will take time, nothing can be done apart from playing through the rustiness.

Can you imagine the confidence boost for him to get over playing a full competitive match without injury? He’ll come on leaps and bounds now if he can stay fit. Given the standard of central midfielders we’ve had at Everton recently including: Schneiderlin Cleverley Siggurdson Davies Gomes (post injury) Besic (post injury), Klaasen, if Gbamin can run faster than an average person’s jog and occasionally pass to a man in a blue shirt then he’ll automatically be better than any of those clowns.
This and this.

Arsenal loaned out Ramsay after his injury.
Wouldn’t amaze me if we loaned him out in Germany tbh. Looks a liability right now.

His main problem last night was getting caught on the ball too often (usually with Huddersfield then bombing down the pitch with no one near them which made it look worse). That type of thing can be expected with a bit of rustiness.

To focus on the good things he wants the ball often, has a bit of vision (some decent attempts at through balls that didn't quite come off) and carries the ball well.

What he is not is a tough tackling combative midfielder, certainly not a Gueye replacement like many assumed.

Does this mean I have to backtrack on my previous comments of “lmao he’ll never make it here get your head out of the sand idiot”?

Not a chance. He’s still crap and will be injured again sooner or later. And then I’ll say I told you so but also that I’m not arsed.

Great to see him get 90 mins. It will take months to get completely back to where he was if indeed he ever does. He’ll be extremely rusty, lacking match fitness and lacking confidence in everything including how his body will hold up.
I think league cup appearances are ideal if against lower opposition. U23’s isn’t a bad thing either for the foreseeable as he just needs to get used to playing football again.
Fingers crossed for him

Last edited:
His main problem last night was getting caught on the ball too often (usually with Huddersfield then bombing down the pitch with no one near them which made it look worse). That type of thing can be expected with a bit of rustiness.

To focus on the good things he wants the ball often, has a bit of vision (some decent attempts at through balls that didn't quite come off) and carries the ball well.

What he is not is a tough tackling combative midfielder, certainly not a Gueye replacement like many assumed.
Oh for a Gueye replacement,I'd start thinking we could really do something this season.

Daft idea I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.