2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did his double injury keep him out for 2 (two) years?
In Carlo's own words

Now we hope he is going to be okay and in some time he will be ready again.

“I hope for him this moment can help him be stronger and have even more character and personality.

“This is what happened to me – I was out for two years with injury and I came back with more strength, more mental strength.

“This situation can help Gbamin to be a really strong man.”

Ancelotti says Gbamin has found his situation, with injury restricting him to just 135 minutes of football at Everton, tough but has told the midfielder recover at his own pace.

“I have spoken with Jean-Philippe a lot,” he added.

In Carlo's own words

Now we hope he is going to be okay and in some time he will be ready again.

“I hope for him this moment can help him be stronger and have even more character and personality.

“This is what happened to me – I was out for two years with injury and I came back with more strength, more mental strength.

“This situation can help Gbamin to be a really strong man.”

Ancelotti says Gbamin has found his situation, with injury restricting him to just 135 minutes of football at Everton, tough but has told the midfielder recover at his own pace.

“I have spoken with Jean-Philippe a lot,” he added.

It’s nice that he’s offering encouragement out to the lad, but Carlo was forced into early retirement due to his injuries.

It’s nice that he’s offering encouragement out to the lad, but Carlo was forced into early retirement due to his injuries.
In Carlo Ancelotti's day 32 was not considered to be early retirement
Even now how many 33-34 yr old's play regularly at the top level

Medical advancements mean players recover a lot better with little or no after effects

In Carlo Ancelotti's day 32 was not considered to be early retirement
Even now how many 33-34 yr old's play regularly at the top level

Mate, it definitely was early and still is. Players may drop down levels as they get older, but he had to physically stop playing. No point pretending players retire at 32 when in peak physical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.