2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would the club be underplaying it?

Lad hasn't got a knee brace or anything there. Seems a weird shout.

I said 'I think he's absolutely goosed and they've continually underplayed it. I don't think it's our physio setup being negligent/he's had incredible bad luck' and you replied with a tweet from a fella who claimed Gbamin told him he's nearly back? What's that tweet you replied to got to do with anything?

I know that he was nearly back - as he has been before. It's horrendous bad luck, or there is something now fundamentally wrong with the fitness of the player - considering the whole 8 week injury (club official statement) that ended up being 9 months and counting - and now this.

Aaaaand. Time! That’s all she wrote. Now the club will have to find a replacement. Thought he might have got lucky with the shut down to be given more time.. but seems like his luck is out. Couldn’t make it up!

I’m very realistic about injuries and I’m anything but a doom merchant however I get the feeling we’ve bought one of those players who just gets consistently injured here. Sounds like we’ve bought him with an underlying problem that we probably should’ve picked up on.

I remember Celtic fans and the Scottish Media always had doubts/some knowledge about Tierney having a dodgy hip If someone speaks German it might be worth having a look around the Mainz supporters boards/German media around the time he signed for us to see if they were saying anything about underlying injuries.

Last edited:

I said 'I think he's absolutely goosed and they've continually underplayed it. I don't think it's our physio setup being negligent/he's had incredible bad luck' and you replied with a tweet from a fella who claimed Gbamin told him he's nearly back? What's that tweet you replied to got to do with anything?

I know that he was nearly back - as he has been before. It's horrendous bad luck, or there is something now fundamentally wrong with the fitness of the player - considering the whole 8 week injury (club official statement) that ended up being 9 months and counting - and now this.

I was just pointing out that the lad himself said he's ready to play after you said you think "he's absolutely goosed and they've continually underplayed it," not just being nearly back like he was earlier this year.

It's pointless/moot now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.