2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear we have just set fire to the 25 million or whatever it was we paid for him. Good luck to the lad but I reckon this signing will be up there with legends like Kroldrup and Van Der Meyde in terms of our disasters over the years.

Do you know if he’s a good or bad player yet?
Well by virtue of the fact he seems to be able to manage 2 games per calendar year, I’d say he’s probably not up to meeting Ancelotti’s needs.

Can’t be a good player if you can’t play.

Well by virtue of the fact he seems to be able to manage 2 games per calendar year, I’d say he’s probably not up to meeting Ancelotti’s needs.

Can’t be a good player if you can’t play.

You can't say a player is good or bad when you've watched him play for 1.5 games either.

You can say he's injury prone but can't say what level he's at.

Peter Reid was injury prone but you wouldn't say he wasn't good enough would you?

You can't say a player is good or bad when you've watched him play for 1.5 games either.

You can say he's injury prone but can't say what level he's at.

Peter Reid was injury prone but you wouldn't say he wasn't good enough would you?
Nor can you say he’s good.

There’s injury prone and there’s having a permanent residence in the treatment room.

When I've seen him prior to Everton I can.

You, however, cannot.
You seem to be trying to start an argument that isn’t going to happen. I’m sure he is a good player, and in the eyes of those like you who have followed his career intensely from the beginning he’ll be worth the wait. I don’t have a downer on him.

You seem to be trying to start an argument that isn’t going to happen. I’m sure he is a good player, and in the eyes of those like you who have followed his career intensely from the beginning he’ll be worth the wait. I don’t have a downer on him.

No argument I just don't see how people can say he'll be improved upon when we haven't really seen him play in a blue shirt.

No argument I just don't see how people can say he'll be improved upon when we haven't really seen him play in a blue shirt.
I get that and agree, however what I’m saying is it’s not hard to improve upon someone who is too injured to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.