2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily and having an MRI doesn’t magically make everything wrong with someone show up
No but it should show the difference in density between scar tissue and healthy tissue. I'm not saying that the scarring was substantial enough to be detected but equally you can't be in a position to say that you know that this is entirely due to bad luck. We seem to sign a higher proportion of instantly crocked players than other teams (although, I accept, this may be because I pay less attention to other clubs) and I think it is reasonable to ask if our medical team have made mistakes.

No but it should show the difference in density between scar tissue and healthy tissue. I'm not saying that the scarring was substantial enough to be detected but equally you can't be in a position to say that you know that this is entirely due to bad luck. We seem to sign a higher proportion of instantly crocked players than other teams (although, I accept, this may be because I pay less attention to other clubs) and I think it is reasonable to ask if our medical team have made mistakes.
Most of our medicals are done off site by a third party anyway aren’t they?

A simple X-ray is easy enough to miss something on so missing some scar tissue that he was totally asymptomatic with on an entire MRI (if he even had one and if you could even see it on the scan) is fairly understandable. Not that an MRI is really used for that anyway.

Every fan from every club I’ve ever spoke to has tried to say they’re the most injury prone and unlucky team in that respect in Christendom so I wouldn’t look too far into that.

I see he deleted all of his Instagram updates of him playing football.

The club will probably have to write him off sadly. 2 very serious, seperate injuries and he has never played at as high a tempo as this league.

He will be mentally shot too. I feel sorry for him, but Brands will have to move on quickly and line up a replacement asap.

I hope he has a complete opposite transfer window as last Summers!!!

The club will probably have to write him off sadly. 2 very serious, seperate injuries and he has never played at as high a tempo as this league.

He will be mentally shot too. I feel sorry for him, but Brands will have to move on quickly and line up a replacement asap.

A lot will depend on our transfer activity this summer.
We were very poor in midfield this season and for this reason we were waiting and wishing for the return of Gbamin on a weekly basis.

If we do sign a new midfielder that improves us in that area then we can let Gbamin heal and return when ready. It isn't as if he is at the end of his career... he needs some luck and deserves it at this stage.

I would neither write him off or absolutely depend on his return.
I agree that the biggest challenge he faces is mental but we have seen examples of players coming back from worse injuries to have good careers.

The Athletic reporting that much of his woes are down to the Marco Silva regime. Don’t usually pay much heed to the Athletic and their made up “sources” that are just the authors opinions but I think they’re in part correct on this one. Offers a bit more on the circumstances surrounding both injuries too which is interesting if true.

The Athletic reporting that much of his woes are down to the Marco Silva regime. Don’t usually pay much heed to the Athletic and their made up “sources” that are just the authors opinions but I think they’re in part correct on this one. Offers a bit more on the circumstances surrounding both injuries too which is interesting if true.

Seems to be when Silva admitted Gbamin played as a sub but wasnt fit...

Then next game he started as we didnt have midfielders.

Brands isn’t capable of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.