2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS is the big time. The PL is the only game in town club-wise.

FFS, when did we subvert Everton's needs to fulfill the ambitions of someone who gave his word when he signed for us it;d be for 5 years?

Bollocks to players. They are covered in law by Bosmans.

Does this apply to when Walsh sold Lukaku?

Unless you're @davek , in who's world Marcel Brands is solely responsible for world famine, the Australian bushfires and the Corona virus.

The forum’s very own version of Talksport’s Adrian Durham, pure click bait! Barely has a good thing to say about Everton, he would swear black was white just to get a reaction on here!

Does this apply to when Walsh sold Lukaku?
It's not about who is in charge when the attitude of the player forces their hand to make a sale happen, it's about the attitude to fans to that process.

How on earth does any fan of a club side with a millionaire footballer in their determination to break the contract they agreed to with their club?

"You've gt to let the lad go, though, he's entitiled".

GTF.

They are under contract and they should honour at least the substantial part of it, not frig off the second a CL playing club shows an interest in them.

It's not about who is in charge when the attitude of the player forces their hand to make a sale happen, it's about the attitude to fans to that process.

How on earth dfoes any fan of a club side with a millinaire footballer in their determination to break the contract they agreed to with the club?

"You've gt to let the lad go, though, he's entitiled".

GTF. They are under contract and they should honour at least the substantial part of it, not frig off the second a CL playing club shows an interest in them.

As soon as somebody requests to leave we should let them leave.

No exceptions, EVER.

If they dont wanna play for Everton get them out the door, I said the same with Lescott, Lukaku, Barkley, Fellaini, Rooney and I will say the same once Richarlison starts the dance.

They are under contract and they should honour at least the substantial part of it, not frig off the second a CL playing club shows an interest in them.

And so we should never pursue a player under contract, at say Hearts, for a new left back?

As soon as somebody requests to leave we should let them leave.

No exceptions, EVER.

If they dont wanna play for Everton get them out the door, I said the same with Lescott, Lukaku, Barkley, Fellaini, Rooney and I will say the same once Richarlison starts the dance.

Most of those players were encouraged to leave in order to provide the original carpet bagger the cash to carry on owning his train set. Never forget that part of the story.

And so we should never pursue a player under contract, at say Hearts, for a new left back?
And if Hearts stepped in and said "NO!" I'd accept that as end of story.

The likelihood of Hearts saying that is virtually zero. So we might as well get in there and make this lad an Everton player before he becomes the next success story out of Scotland's PL. Everton weren't in that situation with Gueye.

Most of those players were encouraged to leave in order to provide the original carpet bagger the cash to carry on owning his train set. Never forget that part of the story.

Lescott literally kicked the ball into the net to get his move.

I was at that game dave, thats when I declared we should never retain an unhappy player.

Gbamin looked off the pace before he got hurt

The Premier League is faster than continental Europe and Gbamin is obviously going to need time to adjust and bed in

Hopefully he’s fit for pre-season so we have a whole summer to prep him and he’s ready both physically and mentally for next season, because we’re going to need him

To be fair to him he did have a full season then AFCON so no real pre-season and thrown in ahead of schedule due to suspension/injury. I thought he looked rusty but promising.

If they don’t want to stay, the contract can be enforced with all the ramifications. Don’t expect rising stars to want to get tied in to contracts they can’t get out of at Everton.
Agents won’t even bother picking up the phone.

They're mostly bang average wastes of space anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.