2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call him a judas already dave, lets make this nice and easy.
He's not a Judas. I never heard him once push for a move. The problem was on the other side: the DoF wasn't arsed about retaining a Walsh signing. Silva was desperate to retain Gueye.

Simple as that.

To be fair to him he did have a full season then AFCON so no real pre-season and thrown in ahead of schedule due to suspension/injury. I thought he looked rusty but promising.
To be honest don’t know how anyone could have an opinion of Gbamin whilst at the club, we’ve barely seen him. No one can say he looked, good, promising, rusty or promising. Frankly we haven’t seen enough of him to judge.

Then he wouldn't have minded staying on for another season or two to honour his contract then.

He always played well for us, was always our best player, his dream move came up and we said no. He didn’t sulk like the rest of them do and played even better. He finally got his dream move and we made a fortune on a player of his age thanks to his new contract.

You’d begrudge someone chasing their dream in a vocation with such a short life span? Shame on you.

Gana has been a big loss to our midfield this season. Having to ‘rely’ on Delph. Scherderlein and Davies has been excruciating to watch at times. I’m not saying Gana doesn’t have faults, but he is far better then the other 3 put together. Let’s hope either Gbamin is the answer or Carlo has someone else lined up.

If he had been he wouldn't have pushed for a move and break his contract 3 years early.

Doesn't been a professional mean you act professionally?

...I disagree, Dave. i don’t blame anybody for doing what’s best for them and their family. He was terrific for us, we were terrific for Gueye. We got a very good return on our investment, it was decent business for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.