2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but that’s just untrue. Silva could’ve used Schneiderlin, Delph (I think he was here) or Davies as we have been now. Silva’s poor management of injuries particularly the atrocious management with Digne shows you who’s to blame with this one. Not that we always have to blame someone for everything mind.
Unless you're @davek , in who's world Marcel Brands is solely responsible for world famine, the Australian bushfires and the Corona virus.

There's only one person responsible for this: Brands.

He waited on a player who had played constantly for 12 months in his own league and at the African Cup of Nations. He was not good to go. He needed time to bed in, as was afforded Gomes and Bernard last season when they both came in late and unprepared due to fatigue and fitness. Brands selling Gueye forced Silva's hand to use Gbamin straight away.
Agree to an extent we should have been planning for Gana's departure from last year when it became obvious. Also bringing a player in a week before the season isn't good but may be about saving money. But Silva playing him straight away when there was always Davies who actually had a preseason didn't help.

I’m sorry but that’s just untrue. Silva could’ve used Schneiderlin, Delph (I think he was here) or Davies as we have been now. Silva’s poor management of injuries particularly the atrocious management with Digne shows you who’s to blame with this one. Not that we always have to blame someone for everything mind.
Delph was out first two games; Schneiderlin was out the game Gbamin got injured because he was red carded the previous game against Palace....so it IS true.

Agree to an extent we should have been planning for Gana's departure from last year when it became obvious. Also bringing a player in a week before the season isn't good but may be about saving money. But Silva playing him straight away when there was always Davies who actually had a preseason didn't help.
There was only Davies to choose, which is to say he had no choice at all.

There's no way around laying the blame at Brands door for selling CM player like Gueye and leaving us exposed.

There was only Davies to choose, which is to say he had no choice at all.

There's no way around laying the blame at Brands door for selling CM player like Gueye and leaving us exposed.
What about the players wishes?
He could have gone at Christmas, but there was probably an agreement to leg him go in summer.
If we force players to stay against their wishes, agents won’t let upcoming players come to us for fear the will be stuck if they want to move. The decision to stick or twist is not black or white, more shades of grey.
With hindsight, keeping Gueye if he continued playing at a high level vs Gbamin out injured for a season is a no brainier.
However Gueye’s performances may have slumped just like Lescotts did. Fans may have turned against him (were a fickle bunch) or he could have just deteriorated like Voleman.
However, don’t own players souls anymore like the pre Bosman days. When they want to leave......

....they leave

He waited on a player who had played constantly for 12 months in his own league and at the African Cup of Nations. He was not good to go. He needed time to bed in, as was afforded Gomes and Bernard last season when they both came in late and unprepared due to fatigue and fitness. Brands selling Gueye forced Silva's hand to use Gbamin straight away.
That is absurd. He started straight away because he was our best DM. When he comes back he'll go straight into the starting lineup like he should.

Brands made a deal with Gana when PSG came calling in January. The deal was if he stayed, he'd move him if he got a good offer in the summer. That was the deal. He honored the deal. Gbamin was an excellent choice to replace Gana, even if stylistically he wasn't quite the same player because, well, no one is.

What about the players wishes?
He could have gone at Christmas, but there was probably an agreement to leg him go in summer.
If we force players to stay against their wishes, agents won’t let upcoming players come to us for fear the will be stuck if they want to move. The decision to stick or twist is not black or white, more shades of grey.
With hindsight, keeping Gueye if he continued playing at a high level vs Gbamin out injured for a season is a no brainier.
However Gueye’s performances may have slumped just like Lescotts did. Fans may have turned against him (were a fickle bunch) or he could have just deteriorated like Voleman.
However, don’t own players souls anymore like the pre Bosman days. When they want to leave......

....they leave
Three years left on Gueye's contract.

He was going nowhere and he knew it.

Brands was a pushover for a buying club who knew how to handle him and make sure they only paid a small fee for a player they wanted.

Three years left on Gueye's contract.

He was going nowhere and he knew it.

Brands was a pushover for a buying club who knew how to handle him and make sure they only paid a small fee for a player they wanted.

Dave you really need to watch Marcel's documentary again, truly riveting, essential must see for a football expert like you mate, it will enhance your knowledge. I promise you you feel like a new man.

Dave you really need to watch Marcel's documentary again, truly riveting, essential must see for a football expert like you mate, it will enhance your knowledge. I promise you you feel like a new man.

I was searching for that the other day to watch again. I couldn't find it. Searched under ''football', then 'sports', then 'documentaries' etc...I finally found it when I searched for 'comedies'.

"The Architect".

FFS, that was hilarious.

Gueye had played 12 months in a different league and at the African Cup of Nations and he went straight into PSG’s team, you’re surely not blaming Brands for a player getting injured are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.