2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I’d prefer we trousered £77m out of £80m
And £3m for an unknown / unproven 17 year old sounds like it would have been an acceptable figure to a league 1 club.
Besides I think it’s unlikely it’s 15% in all honesty.
I think that's a fairly standard figure for sell-on clauses, I wouldn't bother worrying about it.

That is insane. It would make him the 3rd most expensive footballer in history. Utterly insane

Neymar
Mbappe
Coutinho
Felix
Fernandes
Griezmann

Surely come into the mix due to inflation.

Not sure why that would be "insane".

What would Buffon or Rooney be worth today at the same age? Two generational talents like Branthwaite.

That was when football had a crazy phase of spend spend spend. Now ffp across Europe it is hampering everyone. Even £80m is gonna be tough to get in this market.

Neymar
Mbappe
Coutinho
Felix
Fernandes
Griezmann

Surely come into the mix due to inflation.

Not sure why that would be "insane".

What would Buffon or Rooney be worth today at the same age? Two generational talents like Branthwaite.

Just seen this elsewhere and came here to post it….. I have a hard time believing it’s 15% on top of the original £1m transfer fee.
To think if we did get £80m for him we would have been paying them near £13m!
Sure we’d be profiting to the tune of £67m, but if that 15% is accurate, it looks a little naive in hindsight. I don’t recall there being a lot of competition for him at the time to warrant a sell on that big.
The Architect indeed
Pretty sure Carlisle's official comms at the time of the transfer only referred to potential additional fees as being appearance and future successes/trophies based. Think it was posted a few pages back.

Pretty sure Carlisle's official comms at the time of the transfer only referred to potential additional fees as being appearance and future successes/trophies based. Think it was posted a few pages back.

I doubt Carlisle are putting trophy based add ons when selling to Everton! Will almost certainly be a sell on clause - standard practice for young players.

I’d prefer we trousered £77m out of £80m
And £3m for an unknown / unproven 17 year old sounds like it would have been an acceptable figure to a league 1 club.
Besides I think it’s unlikely it’s 15% in all honesty.

He wasn’t unknown to Carlisle, he was playing for them! We got a bargain and I don’t begrudge them a cut at all.