2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Neymar
Mbappe
Coutinho
Felix
Fernandes
Griezmann

Surely come into the mix due to inflation.

Not sure why that would be "insane".

What would Buffon or Rooney be worth today at the same age? Two generational talents like Branthwaite.

IMG_0052.jpeg

Honestly see young player of the year as a slap in the face, he was our best player by a considerable distance

Tarkowski v Branthwaite

if you look at their defensive stats: -

Clean Sheets - Tarkowski (13) - Branthwaite had 12
Blocks - Tarkowski (56) - Branthwaite had 36
Interceptions - Tarkowski (56) - Branthwaite had 50
Tackles - Branthwaite (66) - Tarkowski had 61
Successful Tackles - Tarkowski (42) - Branthwaite had 32
Last Man Tackles - Tarkowski (3) - Branthwaite had 2
Clearances - Tarkowski (186) - Branthwaite had 157
Headed Clearances - Tarkowski (107) - Branthwaite had 82
Aerial Battles Won - Tarkowski (145) - Branthwaite had 95
Appearances - Tarkowski (38) - Branthwaite had 35
Fouls - Branthwaite (25) - Tarkowski had 45
Penalties Conceded - both had 1

Branthwaite had a great season but there are definitely arguments to be made for other players as well

Sell Onana, DCL and make this lad captain, we can stay up. Keep Onana, DCL and replace Branners with Keane/Godfrey, we're in the mire.

I think id go for Tarkowski as captain. Perhaps a deputy though he should focus on his game for now.

Sell Onana, DCL and make this lad captain, we can stay up. Keep Onana, DCL and replace Branners with Keane/Godfrey, we're in the mire.
Currently, its looking like all 3 are leaving.

But as a big fan of DCL, I agree, if we were given a choice.

I think things are much worse than we could possibly imagine, hence all 3 will be sold, I hope that im very wrong.

Onana, we will probably get a massive fee, hes a very talented boy and will shine in a good team, we arent a good team, we wont miss him as much as
DCL, 12 months left, should be a "decent" fee, we probably wont be able to replace him like for like
Branners, no matter the fee, we wont be able to replace him

Painful Summer incoming for this football club.

Just seen this elsewhere and came here to post it….. I have a hard time believing it’s 15% on top of the original £1m transfer fee.
To think if we did get £80m for him we would have been paying them near £13m!
Sure we’d be profiting to the tune of £67m, but if that 15% is accurate, it looks a little naive in hindsight. I don’t recall there being a lot of competition for him at the time to warrant a sell on that big.
The Architect indeed
We picked him up for nothing though

He's so young, you'd really hope that he wants to walk out at the new ground. The club should be moving heaven and earth to keep him, double his money tomorrow, put a six-year deal on the table. But we can't really expect to keep quality players when the club is in shambles and the manager publicly says that we need to sell players. No idea where he'll end up, but I'd imagine clubs that don't need to abide by FFP rules such as City and Chelsea will be very interested.

Tarkowski v Branthwaite

if you look at their defensive stats: -

Clean Sheets - Tarkowski (13) - Branthwaite had 12
Blocks - Tarkowski (56) - Branthwaite had 36
Interceptions - Tarkowski (56) - Branthwaite had 50
Tackles - Branthwaite (66) - Tarkowski had 61
Successful Tackles - Tarkowski (42) - Branthwaite had 32
Last Man Tackles - Tarkowski (3) - Branthwaite had 2
Clearances - Tarkowski (186) - Branthwaite had 157
Headed Clearances - Tarkowski (107) - Branthwaite had 82
Aerial Battles Won - Tarkowski (145) - Branthwaite had 95
Appearances - Tarkowski (38) - Branthwaite had 35
Fouls - Branthwaite (25) - Tarkowski had 45
Penalties Conceded - both had 1

Branthwaite had a great season but there are definitely arguments to be made for other players as well
Id also suggest without Tarks next to him, he may have not been so great, perhaps?