2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

so what are you thinking he goes for then?

can vault this, but if he keeps playing the way he has he will go for easily 70/80, EASILY.
I hope he doesn’t go yet. I have no faith in our Board to run our club properly though and we are losing money without player sales. Feels like every year some will go.

If there he breaks into the England squad and a number of big clubs declare interest the price will be pushed up so long as they are not strapped by FFP.

If someone was saying we need to get 50m FFP credits in then selling him for 50m beats selling Onana for 60m. Lunacy of FFP and distorts the market.

Personally we need huge strategic overhaul and I would start with the academy. We need it to be producing 20m FFP credit a season to produce breathing space. That is 3 players a year sold to championship sides who are not good enough for our first team.

I hope he doesn’t go yet. I have no faith in our Board to run our club properly though and we are losing money without player sales. Feels like every year some will go.

If there he breaks into the England squad and a number of big clubs declare interest the price will be pushed up so long as they are not strapped by FFP.

If someone was saying we need to get 50m FFP credits in then selling him for 50m beats selling Onana for 60m. Lunacy of FFP and distorts the market.

Personally we need huge strategic overhaul and I would start with the academy. We need it to be producing 20m FFP credit a season to produce breathing space. That is 3 players a year sold to championship sides who are not good enough for our first team.

Agreed on the youth system.

Ideally , when we sell someone like Barkley, Jarrod, Gordon , stones etc.

Half of that should be invested into signing top young talent .

Even lookman, Vlasic , Henry whatever his name is .

You very rarely lose to much on them.

If you spent 15m on a young player , even if they turn out to be an average prem player , you will be getting 20m for them. If they “ flop” you will still sell to a championship club and get most if not all of your money back.

DCL, Jarrod, Gordon , Barkley , stones, cannon, simms, Henry, lookman, Vlasic have been good deals for us and massively improve FFP when they are sold.

Players like Scott that went to Bournemouth, Clarke at Sunderland, Bowen, probably wharton are the players we should be signing or at least the type of signings we should be making.

All 20m or less and would probably all improve our first team never mind our squad.

IMG_7619.jpeg

Agreed on the youth system.

Ideally , when we sell someone like Barkley, Jarrod, Gordon , stones etc.

Half of that should be invested into signing top young talent .

Even lookman, Vlasic , Henry whatever his name is .

You very rarely lose to much on them.

If you spent 15m on a young player , even if they turn out to be an average prem player , you will be getting 20m for them. If they “ flop” you will still sell to a championship club and get most if not all of your money back.

DCL, Jarrod, Gordon , Barkley , stones, cannon, simms, Henry, lookman, Vlasic have been good deals for us and massively improve FFP when they are sold.

Players like Scott that went to Bournemouth, Clarke at Sunderland, Bowen, probably wharton are the players we should be signing or at least the type of signings we should be making.

All 20m or less and would probably all improve our first team never mind our squad.
Scott was 25m. A bit of a gamble on a player who had never played at this level before.

I get your point but we can't afford to go spunking 20M here and there up the wall anymore. Sure, there will be other emerging talent but we need to be ahead of the game and not behind it in getting them into the club before the value goes up beyond what is realistic.

Scott was 25m. A bit of a gamble on a player who had never played at this level before.

I get your point but we can't afford to go spunking 20M here and there up the wall anymore. Sure, there will be other emerging talent but we need to be ahead of the game and not behind it in getting them into the club before the value goes up beyond what is realistic.

If you haven’t got the capability to scout and be confident in a 20m player…

How do you think they’re going to find one before they get to that level?

And we aren’t exactly famous for developing players unfortunately.

Our best signings , lescott, Cahill, baines, jags etc came from the championship … it’s just that the fees for them are more than they used to be.

All you can pick out today was one missed tackle on half way and a couple of poor headers, which is mad when he’s up against a team that Coujd have gone joint top and have a lot of forward talent and pace. Also he was mainly up against diaby who was drifting all over the place

The only thing that concerns me is that he must be worth a lot of money now. Given our current plight the vultures will be circling