2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

£75m wasn’t even the fee we got for him, why are we now acting like teams don’t have to pay add ons and sell on clauses don’t exist? Every one of those comments is inaccurate.
You know that if we sign a player people on here quote the full price, add ons and everything, whereas if we sell a player it's the guaranteed portion of the fee that is quoted, add ons are apparently never paid to us. It is the GoT way!

I disagree.

Stones was just as good, he also had International caps and had 3 full Premier League seasons under his belt.

John Stones was a Rolls-Royce when we sold him.

No im not saying hes not worth over 50m, for the record, but you are underselling JFS for me.
His first full season 13/14 he played 21 games, a year younger then Branthwaite.
I think Branthwaite is having a better fist full season and is in a poorer side, stones broke into a side going for the top 4

We're talking about Profit and Sustainability, not cash available. They can't afford him or risk breaching thresholds. Chelsea will need to sell just to cover business they have already conducted.

We live in a different world after EFC were deducted 10 points. Yes there will be the odd large fee for certain players, but fees won't be rising exponentially like they have in the past, and certainly not for a CB.
The part you highlighted is how transfer work in the profit and sustainability world. We sell him to Arsenal for 100mil and insist on 60mil upfront, that’s nothing to do with PSR. It will be length of contact so like I said 20mil a year on a 5yr deal

His first full season 13/14 he played 21 games, a year younger then Branthwaite.
I think Branthwaite is having a better fist full season and is in a poorer side, stones broke into a side going for the top 4
I think they were/are both outstanding talents.

Stones has suffered a lot from injuries which have stopped him from reaching the very top.

I disagree.

Stones was just as good, he also had International caps and had 3 full Premier League seasons under his belt.

John Stones was a Rolls-Royce when we sold him.

No im not saying hes not worth over 50m, for the record, but you are underselling JFS for me.
Probably wrong to compare the 2 , tbh they are/will be both Top draw Elite players.
Point I was making is that was 8 years ago.

A season or even a transfer window is a long time in football but 8 yrs is eons .
£50mil then equates to Caicedo type money these days.

Probably wrong to compare the 2 , tbh they are/will be both Top draw Elite players.
Point I was making is that was 8 years ago.

A season or even a transfer window is a long time in football but 8 yrs is eons .
£50mil then equates to Caicedo type money these days.
But at the time it was the 2nd highest fee for a defender.

The record now is "only" 80m.

The part you highlighted is how transfer work in the profit and sustainability world. We sell him to Arsenal for 100mil and insist on 60mil upfront, that’s nothing to do with PSR. It will be length of contact so like I said 20mil a year on a 5yr deal

Yes in years 1 and part of 2 it's a wash. What about the 2nd half of year 2, and years 3, 4 and 5?

These transactions don't happen in a vacuum either, they still have valuable but expensive charges like Rice to cover over the same period, and donkeys like Havertz who they'll eventually take a loss on.

Yes in years 1 and part of 2 it's a wash. What about the 2nd half of year 2, and years 3, 4 and 5?

These transactions don't happen in a vacuum either, they still have valuable but expensive charges like Rice to cover over the same period, and donkeys like Havertz who they'll eventually take a loss on.
Yes of course but they will sell and also clubs like Arsenal don’t need to sell, they can easily afford a minus on spending every other summer, they make a lot of money. These clubs also make money on youngsters as we’ve seen