2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

No you're not understanding the point even though I just pre empted you saying that. It doesn't matter if YOU think that price was right because i said some people not you. And on the next one I don't know how to quote 2 things but yes of course I think Branthwaite is loads better than Iwobi but that isn't the point either i'm saying if someone bids what the club thinks is a lot of money (not relative just as a sum) then they might cave. Loads of people thought Lukaku was worth 100 mil and weren't happy with 75 whether you were one of them isn't relevant you're not that important mike.
We got about 90 for Lukaku, with the extras, it was the Utd media pushing the Utd got a great deal narrative

No you're not understanding the point even though I just pre empted you saying that. It doesn't matter if YOU think that price was right because i said some people not you. And on the next one I don't know how to quote 2 things but yes of course I think Branthwaite is loads better than Iwobi but that isn't the point either i'm saying if someone bids what the club thinks is a lot of money (not relative just as a sum) then they might cave. Loads of people thought Lukaku was worth 100 mil and weren't happy with 75 whether you were one of them isn't relevant you're not that important mike.

I don’t remember anyone at all suggesting we sold Lukaku for under his value. I think you’re making things up to suit a point that you’ve realised at this point didn’t really make any sense.

I don’t remember anyone at all suggesting we sold Lukaku for under his value. I think you’re making things up to suit a point that you’ve realised at this point didn’t really make any sense.
These are in the first 20 comments on the thread about him leaving so your memory is a bit crap lad.

75m is not enough, disappointed with the fee

I reckon £75m is the bare minimum we should be looking at

I will be very disappointed if having stated £100m, Everton agree to £75m.

Not enough, really not happy with that. Should be £80m minimum.

75 million? Where they wearing balaclavas.

It does come across terribly seeing Lukaku go for way below what we've apparently been quoted

Gut reaction is disappointment with the fee given the fuss and supposed Chelsea interest. In this market its not an enormous amount of money for someone with his record.

Why accept such a low figure when we said previously we want 100m? £85m would've been a much more positive figure to come out of it with.

These are in the first 20 comments on the thread about him leaving so your memory is a bit crap lad.

75m is not enough, disappointed with the fee

I reckon £75m is the bare minimum we should be looking at

I will be very disappointed if having stated £100m, Everton agree to £75m.

Not enough, really not happy with that. Should be £80m minimum.

75 million? Where they wearing balaclavas.

It does come across terribly seeing Lukaku go for way below what we've apparently been quoted

Gut reaction is disappointment with the fee given the fuss and supposed Chelsea interest. In this market its not an enormous amount of money for someone with his record.

Why accept such a low figure when we said previously we want 100m? £85m would've been a much more positive figure to come out of it with.

£75m wasn’t even the fee we got for him, why are we now acting like teams don’t have to pay add ons and sell on clauses don’t exist? Every one of those comments is inaccurate.

£75m wasn’t even the fee we got for him, why are we now acting like teams don’t have to pay add ons and sell on clauses don’t exist? Every one of those comments is inaccurate.
Thats just the thread I didn't write it i'm only quoting it! People were unhappy at what the fee was reported as its clear theres no argument. I don't know what the breakdown of the transfer was and I won't when Branthwaite goes either when the same thing might happen. Look its not hard to understand the point is sometimes people get overexcited about what a realistic fee is and I think people saying a world record fee for Branthwaite at the moment are in that camp just like the people who thought Richarlison was worth more or Lukaku was or that dom would get 30 mil like i saw about one page ago. I'm not saying Branthwaite WILL get sold for under 50 mil i'm saying I wouldn't be that shocked if he was.

Thats just the thread I didn't write it i'm only quoting it! People were unhappy at what the fee was reported as its clear theres no argument. I don't know what the breakdown of the transfer was and I won't when Branthwaite goes either when the same thing might happen. Look its not hard to understand the point is sometimes people get overexcited about what a realistic fee is and I think people saying a world record fee for Branthwaite at the moment are in that camp just like the people who thought Richarlison was worth more or Lukaku was or that dom would get 30 mil like i saw about one page ago. I'm not saying Branthwaite WILL get sold for under 50 mil i'm saying I wouldn't be that shocked if he was.
I agree slightly with your point, some people in this thread are saying 100m or nothing, for example.

But by the same token I think under 50m is also unrealistic.

Hes not just potential, hes already there.

When he goes he'll go for whatever clubs are willing to pay, his attributes mean top level clubs will be looking at him as a potential CH for the next 10 years.
If we bend over and let a big side pull our pants down south of £50m it will be a failure on the clubs behalf.
Maguire £80m
Gvardiol £75m
Fofana £70m
Cucurella £60m
Laporte £60m
Cancelo £60m
White £50m
Mendy £50m
Martinez £50m

All to english clubs in past 5 seasons and none of them world beaters.

I agree slightly with your point, some people in this thread are saying 100m or nothing, for example.

I wouldn’t expect to get £100m for him, but that figure isn’t out of the question if there are quite a few clubs involved in a bidding war that are also pretty desperate. Some nutters like Chelsea would pay that for him, I even think Real Madrid would stretch to it if they really wanted him.

I wouldn’t expect to get £100m for him, but that figure isn’t out of the question if there are quite a few clubs involved in a bidding war that are also pretty desperate. Some nutters like Chelsea would pay that for him, I even think Real Madrid would stretch to it if they really wanted him.
Call me naive, but I really dont think clubs are minted these days.

Loads and I mean loads of clubs are really struggling with FFP.

Who knows what sort of effect the new FFP rules will have also.

But we shall see what The Summer brings.

I would be very disappointed if thats what he was sold for I just don't know whats realistic because of the financial situation if the banks start wanting money or theres more problems with the premier league then I worry that they'll be forced to accept less than he's worth thats the only point i've been trying to make if it isn't the case then great.

Call me naive, but I really dont think clubs are minted these days.

Loads and I mean loads of clubs are really struggling with FFP.

Who knows what sort of effect the new FFP rules will have also.

But we shall see what The Summer brings.

Well the top 6 aren’t. Neither are Spanish clubs as it doesn’t apply to them. Real Madrid are about to pay Mbappe €1m a week, they’re fine don’t worry about them.

Well the top 6 aren’t. Neither are Spanish clubs as it doesn’t apply to them.
If they are in Europe, they do apply to them.

When is the new regime starting?

The new rules come into force this June but they will be implemented gradually over three years to give clubs time to adapt to the new regulations. The 70 per cent Squad Cost Rule cap will be phased in over three years. In 2023/24 the cap will be 90 per cent, in 2024/25 it will be 80 per cent and from 2025/26 it will be 70 per cent.

I mean its UEFA, so they can always pay a fine, but only clubs like City or PSG can willy nilly pay fines.