Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we start with him this season I think I’d be confident of getting him signed up to a new contract in Jan even if it’s one where we have a gentlemen’s agreement or release clause included. If the lad doesn’t see his future with us that’s fine but make sure we are paid handsomely for it if so.

No brainier to just play him. He will make mistakes, lose his man, misplace passes, and probably give away needless free kicks and pens by trying too hard. All things that Keane, Holgate and Godfrey do anyway every time they go on the pitch. If he can cope with scrutiny when he does make mistakes (he’s not a kid now after a year in a high profile team) then just play him whenever fit.

Expect him to grow into a set piece threat too.

this is spot on.

the other centre halves make mistakes on a regular basis. dropping one of distin or jagielka for stones would have been a risk as they were both solid 7/10 every game minimum. he is clearly our best option alongside Tarkowski and we risk losing him if we don't play him. and being relegated if we play Holgate or Keane

Could be the starter with Tarkowski next season. If that’s the case and he does well he will move for a massive fee this time next year.

All hypothetical but if it does come to pass I think it’s exactly the model we should be trying to adopt and hopefully, as we’re linked with younger up and coming players, this is something we can start to do.

But then again, it’s Everton so…. I’m prepared to be disappointed

great point too. if we can start him and develop him as a player, we become a lot more attractive to young talent across europe as we'll be seen as a side that gives opportunities to those types of players.

we're way way off competing for anything. but if we could fill a team with exciting talent and be a destination for those players not onyl will the football imrpove but likely the results

If we start with him this season I think I’d be confident of getting him signed up to a new contract in Jan even if it’s one where we have a gentlemen’s agreement or release clause included. If the lad doesn’t see his future with us that’s fine but make sure we are paid handsomely for it if so.
No chance of him signing a new contract with united in the background and rumours of continuous interest. The only way I see him signing a new deal is if we end up offering stupid wages something that by the looks of it we are not doing anymore.

No chance of him signing a new contract with united in the background and rumours of continuous interest. The only way I see him signing a new deal is if we end up offering stupid wages something that by the looks of it we are not doing anymore.

We have seen players at other clubs who want to leave sign deals with bigger wages with the gentlemen’s agreement/release clause put in place to protect the club but also ensure that the player ultimately gets their wish too.

He has a contract and option until 2026, I’m not worried about not getting a good fee for him.

ben mee is now a cult hero or fan favorite for Brentford. tarky deserves to play for a better team too but thankfully he chose us. Dyche has shown he can coach and produce star defenders would surely turn the potential of Jarrad into Rolls Royce, but not Holgate tho who's just a Lada no matter how u try to sell him to da saints as a Volkswagen

Branthwaite should be starting with Tarkowski end of. He’s talented and miles better than his competition in our squad currently. I can accept his mistakes (which he will surely make) much easier than watching failures like Keane and holgate making arses of themselves. Hope Dyche trusts him and plays him.

If he isn’t starting , and Keane, Godfrey or Holgate are ahead of him, then you couldn’t blame the lad for wanting off, especially with the supposed clubs watching him.

Tell him he’s a starter and throw another improved contract at him.

We have seen players at other clubs who want to leave sign deals with bigger wages with the gentlemen’s agreement/release clause put in place to protect the club but also ensure that the player ultimately gets their wish too.

He has a contract and option until 2026, I’m not worried about not getting a good fee for him.
I wast aware of the option...I thought that he had 2 years remaining on his contract. If its 3, then yes I agree that we have time and any fees, including next summer would be substantial as long as he performs well this season.

great point too. if we can start him and develop him as a player, we become a lot more attractive to young talent across europe as we'll be seen as a side that gives opportunities to those types of players.

we're way way off competing for anything. but if we could fill a team with exciting talent and be a destination for those players not onyl will the football imrpove but likely the results
Agreed mate
No better time to reset!

saturday will give the biggest indication yet as who dyche prefers.

whoever starts saturday next to tawkowski will start vs fulham,
It’ll be Tarks and Keane 100% - there’s no way Dyche goes with Branthwaite. Branthwaite’s best chance will be an injury or poor form that forces Dyche to change up the back line.

We really need Branthwaite to sign a new contract so he needs to get game time this season - I hope he does. If he spends the season sitting on the bench it’ll be a big waste and put him in a strong position next summer to force a move with only 12 months on his contract.

saturday will give the biggest indication yet as who dyche prefers.

whoever starts saturday next to tawkowski will start vs fulham,

Is JB not still suspended for a game after his sending off versus Brentford?

Technically only missed Palace and Arsenal - he was out on loan last season

Status
Not open for further replies.