Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets a bad press does Keggers.

To a certain extent yeah

However, we know what he can do and he isn't getting any better now at his age

Branthwaite has shown promise and has more of an upside

If Keane goes out there and gives a 6 out of 10 performance then it's not going to be the same 6 out of 10 that Branthwaite would be getting as the context would be different

It's like a young lad at Wimbledon who goes out in the first round to a top seed, but takes him into the 5th set first, compared to an experienced player who people think should go a bit deeper losing a 5 set thriller to someone closer to their level

They both go out at the same stage, but one did a demonstrably better job than the other when you grade it on a curve, which is what you should do when you weigh up the difference in experience between the two players

If Michael Keane goes out there and gives a competent performance but doesn't pull up any trees, then he shouldn't be slaughtered of course, but he shouldn't expect much in the way of praise either because it's "job done" for him at best. If Branthwaite goes out there and gives a competent performance but doesn't pull up any trees, then he should be expecting a bit more praise and a bit less criticism due to his level of experience and the fact that just going out there and not looking out of place when you're playing in the Premier League with his number of first team minutes is just a better achievement for him right now than it would be for Keane, and thus people should be a bit easier on him

That's just straight up common sense at the end of the day

So if Branthwaite goes out there and gives a 6 out of 10, but we keep a clean sheet and he doesn't do anything awful, then he should get an easier ride from it from the fan base than if Keggers did it

One size doesn't fit all here

Ok I opened his thread and literally the two latest posts before mine said he was Stones mark two and that he was going to be a 50 mil player I'd say that was sky high expectation myself but right you are that must be normal in your worlds.

you think there's only 1 viewpoint across the fanbase?
some people will always have over the top views

To a certain extent yeah

However, we know what he can do and he isn't getting any better now at his age

Branthwaite has shown promise and has more of an upside

If Keane goes out there and gives a 6 out of 10 performance then it's not going to be the same 6 out of 10 that Branthwaite would be getting as the context would be different

It's like a young lad at Wimbledon who goes out in the first round to a top seed, but takes him into the 5th set first, compared to an experienced player who people think should go a bit deeper losing a 5 set thriller to someone closer to their level

They both go out at the same stage, but one did a demonstrably better job than the other when you grade it on a curve, which is what you should do when you weigh up the difference in experience between the two players

If Michael Keane goes out there and gives a competent performance but doesn't pull up any trees, then he shouldn't be slaughtered of course, but he shouldn't expect much in the way of praise either because it's "job done" for him at best. If Branthwaite goes out there and gives a competent performance but doesn't pull up any trees, then he should be expecting a bit more praise and a bit less criticism due to his level of experience and the fact that just going out there and not looking out of place when you're playing in the Premier League with his number of first team minutes is just a better achievement for him right now than it would be for Keane, and thus people should be a bit easier on him

That's just straight up common sense at the end of the day

So if Branthwaite goes out there and gives a 6 out of 10, but we keep a clean sheet and he doesn't do anything awful, then he should get an easier ride from it from the fan base than if Keggers did it

One size doesn't fit all here
Well I believe that the CBs are the very least of our issues, so hopefully young Branflakes can nail down a place.

you think there's only 1 viewpoint across the fanbase?
some people will always have over the top views
No i didn't say that did i? I said theres a lot of expectation on him i didn't say every single fan is guilty of it so i'm not sure what your point is.

No i didn't say that did i? I said theres a lot of expectation on him i didn't say every single fan is guilty of it so i'm not sure what your point is.

my point is some people have realistic expectations and some people have over the top expectations.

Sean Dyche is manager of all the Everton players , not just some favourites.
The managers job depends on results and results are dependent on the team selection and tactics.

The manager will pick the players he feels are best equipped to get results at all times, he may not always be right but that will be his intention.

Having spent six months working with the vast majority of the squad I think he knows by now the players he can depend on and trust.

Time will tell if he feels he can depend on Branthwaite at this early stage.

Ok I opened his thread and literally the two latest posts before mine said he was Stones mark two and that he was going to be a 50 mil player I'd say that was sky high expectation myself but right you are that must be normal in your worlds.

…oops, ffs apologies as I was talking about the Portuguese boy in the wrong thread!!

I’m a big fan of Branthwaite, I think he could be very good. It’ll take time for him to forge a partnership and he’ll make mistakes but he’s good. If he doesn’t play, he’ll want out in January and there’ll be plenty of suitors.

Unless Tarks goes down, it is the least of our concerns apart from central midfield and keep. Wings, Strikers, wingbacks, attacking midfielders, planes, trains and automobiles are a bigger priority.
Lawnmowers too. Remember some manager banging on about the importance of the pitch being correctly mowed

Sean Dyche is manager of all the Everton players , not just some favourites.
The managers job depends on results and results are dependent on the team selection and tactics.

The manager will pick the players he feels are best equipped to get results at all times, he may not always be right but that will be his intention.

Having spent six months working with the vast majority of the squad I think he knows by now the players he can depend on and trust.

Time will tell if he feels he can depend on Branthwaite at this early stage.
As shown with Benitez (James/digne) and now with dyche (any young player) fans can’t wait to justify bad managerial decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.