Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point this.

We would actually have Pickford, Tarkowski and Young with experience guiding both Patterson and Branthwaite through games.

With so many defenders out of contract in 2 seasons (Holgate, Godfrey, Keane and Branthwaite himself) we need the 2 kids up to speed ASAP.

I suspect this is why weve recently been linked with De Winter (Juventus) and Gonzalez (Valencia) as u21 centre backs -- if we can sell some of the 3.

Branthwaite needs to be given a long term extension and will need to be starting to be encouraged to sign.

We will see alot of complaints in this thread.

Why do you think he has "serious doubts about Keane" ?

Holgate with u21s and Godfrey sat on the bench yesterday while Keane started over Branthwaite...

…..i think he saw frailties in that run-in last season and in those final few games that really mattered, Keane was left out of the starting line-up. I wouldn’t get too hung up about starting Keane yesterday. In his post-match interview he mentioned specifically having to manage Branthwaite as he’s not had a pre-season and it leaves him at risk of injury.

Quite a few posters seem to think Keane is Dyche’s golden boy but he played two players ahead of him in that final game who have now left the club. It’s a results business, I 100% think Dyche will go with his best players. Keane will still be used but I believe Branthwaite will establish himself by Christmas.

He saw enough of Holgate to realise he wouldn’t use him this season.

….nonsense. Dyche is uncomplicated, he’ll pick who he thinks is best & it’s clear he has serious doubts about Keane. Saying that, he might start Keane as Branthwaite has had little pre-season prep.
Go back and look, before you make uneducated comments. I use my eyes and ears. In my opinion up to the point he was forced to make the change, he preferred Keane. Keane by the way was keeping Mina out so based on what you say he thought Keane was better than Mina. There is no reason to suspect he won’t do the same again. I’m afraid your view is a little too simplistic.

Yes Branthwaite could have done without being a spectator in that youth tournament. A ruthless person would have seen the opportunity of getting back to preseason at the beginning and establishing himself

Great experience to be part of an international u21 tourmament winning squad.

…..i think he saw frailties in that run-in last season and in those final few games that really mattered, Keane was left out of the starting line-up. I wouldn’t get too hung up about starting Keane yesterday. In his post-match interview he mentioned specifically having to manage Branthwaite as he’s not had a pre-season and it leaves him at risk of injury.

Quite a few posters seem to think Keane is Dyche’s golden boy but he played two players ahead of him in that final game who have now left the club. It’s a results business, I 100% think Dyche will go with his best players. Keane will still be used but I believe Branthwaite will establish himself by Christmas.

He saw enough of Holgate to realise he wouldn’t use him this season.

Hopefully Branthwaite cements the position and extends his contract ASAP.

Currently we have all out centre backs (aside from Tarkowski) out of contract in 2025.

Great experience to be part of an international u21 tourmament winning squad.

Hopefully Branthwaite cements the position and extends his contract ASAP.

Currently we have all out centre backs (aside from Tarkowski) out of contract in 2025.

….at this point I doubt Branthwaite commits to a further deal. I think he genuinely expects to play and will see how things go for a few months.

We would actually have Pickford, Tarkowski and Young with experience guiding both Patterson and Branthwaite through games.
Very risky at the moment, last thing we can afford is to be shipping any goals as we don’t score enough. But saying that I’d rather Patterson play over Mykolenko which Young covers for that and Branthwaite given a chance might not be quite ready but a season at PSV has definitely put him in a good position to push and I’d prefer him over Keane and think he’d be wasted sat on the bench might as well be on loan again gaining first team experience.

If we'd bought a highly-rated 21 year-old CB from PSV, who had played 30 games for them last year and done well, we'd probably be expecting him to play a fair bit
Just like we would have thought about Moise Kean and Sandro and a few others but it didn't work out that way because they didn't cut the mustard so if Jarrad does well I'm sure he'll get plenty of games but if he doesn't he won't its up to him now to make himself part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.