Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what Paul is suggesting is selling Branthwaite and trying to buy a few kids of the profile he was when we signed him. Buy for £1m at 17, sell for £15-20m at 20. It's a very smart way of doing business if you can pull it off which in our case might be the biggest if ever.
But the fact clubs want to pay 15/20 mil for him at 20 and big clubs are watching him, if it’s true with hardly any football under his belt, should say how highly rated he is.

Chelsea offered 30mil for stones year later he went for 47mil, if he doesn’t sign a new contract that’s a different matter, but Imo we’d get 15mil for him at the worst next summer with a year left on his contact. So we can only lose in This situation. And while that money 15mil wound be nice profit, it’s only getting us a average youngster form championship or league 1 or abroad. Get 50mil I’m 2yrs and that gets 2x top class youngsters that could be huge buys, like Onana,
Instead of a punt like Onyeguru

It's just business, it's what lots of (smart) clubs do. Buy young and unproven, develop them properly, sell for a profit. Repeat process.

The days of getting emotionally attached to players who become mainstays for a long time are gone sadly. We should just view everyone as assets whom will move on eventually whilst filling the club's coffers.
That’s fine when Liverpool are selling bang average youngsters for 15mil and that goes for the rest of the other top 6 clubs, unfortunately we get 1.5 mil for Broadhead and probably the same for simms when we sell him.

The club should recognise talent and improve it and improve their value. If it’s true Liverpool, utd and Roma are watching him that should speak volumes and the fact Psv offered 15mil in January. We waited to sell stones a year and his value went up 60% that’s what smart clubs do.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that PSV made an offer which would have broken their transfer record.

We know that when they invest in players, typically their values increase substantially.

Ideally the club ties him down for 5+ years along with Pickford + Coady so he has experience behind and next to him with the above and Tarkowski.

Patterson and Branthwaite should be 50% of the future defence we build.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that PSV made an offer which would have broken their transfer record.

We know that when they invest in players, typically their values increase substantially.

Ideally the club ties him down for 5+ years along with Pickford + Coady so he has experience behind and next to him with the above and Tarkowski.

Patterson and Branthwaite should be 50% of the future defence we build.
Let's just be mindful it's the Eredivise still. We're good at building folk up on here and even quicker to knock them down.

I think what Paul is suggesting is selling Branthwaite and trying to buy a few kids of the profile he was when we signed him. Buy for £1m at 17, sell for £15-20m at 20. It's a very smart way of doing business if you can pull it off which in our case might be the biggest if ever.
It’s only smart if 1) you don’t need the player (and our squad suggests next season we may well do) and 2) we can repeat the feat and buy young and develop them again. I’m not sure on point 1 and absolutely not confident on point 2

But the fact clubs want to pay 15/20 mil for him at 20 and big clubs are watching him, if it’s true with hardly any football under his belt, should say how highly rated he is.

Chelsea offered 30mil for stones year later he went for 47mil, if he doesn’t sign a new contract that’s a different matter, but Imo we’d get 15mil for him at the worst next summer with a year left on his contact. So we can only lose in This situation. And while that money 15mil wound be nice profit, it’s only getting us a average youngster form championship or league 1 or abroad. Get 50mil I’m 2yrs and that gets 2x top class youngsters that could be huge buys, like Onana,
Instead of a punt like Onyeguru
Think there's a 1 year option too so he's secured to 2025. Contract won't be a factor in whether we keep or cash in this summer.

It’s only smart if 1) you don’t need the player (and our squad suggests next season we may well do) and 2) we can repeat the feat and buy young and develop them again. I’m not sure on point 1 and absolutely not confident on point 2
To be clear I wasn’t advocating selling him or not. I was just trying to clarify a post which seemed to have been misunderstood. Hence my final sentence

psv losing 3-0 with Sevilla only having 3 shots on target

Seems like a bad day at the office for psv

Anyone know if jarrad is to blame for any of their goals?
Watched the whole game . He was solid/ average... if Ruud want to spend over 20m on him take the dosh

The lads the future. One of the few bright spots on the horizon. Tall, left footed centre back who’s English. Keep him and give him a new deal. He will go for a premium in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.