January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see that happening re a transfer ban. We will need to sell to comply with PSR so by not enabling us to trade they would be preventing us from being able to comply again. Surely that would be an easy win for any legal team worth their salt
You are using the common sense argument....the PL don't do common sense.

Inappropriate Language
I can’t see that happening re a transfer ban. We will need to sell to comply with PSR so by not enabling us to trade they would be preventing us from being able to comply again. Surely that would be an easy win for any legal team worth their salt
If you look at it in terms of season1,2,3,4

In season 1,2,3 we were £119.5m Ave losses

In season 2,3,4 we were £109m Ave losses

So the difference between our season 1 loss and season 4 loss is a reduction of £31.5m.

I think if we didn’t buy, sell, re-sign (for a fee) or sack anyone we would be fine.

(Unpopular: if the doucoure rumours came to fruition and we sold him that would be good money and our highest paid player (I think) off the books… but we would be very much up [Poor language removed] creek)

Could the panel prevent us from purchasing players, leaving room for free transfers, loans and sales?

So the difference between our season 1 loss and season 4 loss is a reduction of £31.5m.

I think if we didn’t buy, sell, re-sign (for a fee) or sack anyone we would be fine.

(Unpopular: if the doucoure rumours came to fruition and we sold him that would be good money and our highest paid player (I think) off the books… but we would be very much up [Poor language removed] creek)

Could the panel prevent us from purchasing players, leaving room for free transfers, loans and sales?
I theory yeah they could. They basically have a free hand to impose whatever sanctions and conditions to those sanctions they wish.

Well a transfer ban essentially stops clubs registering players, so we would have to scout a load of under 21's who haven't had any cup/league appearances but who are good enough to actually play ball. A transfer ban is another on-pitch punishment imo (similar to a points deduction) It's something I feel is unjust and impacts the players and fans more than anything which is why I feel it should be a fine.

I reckon Pickford is our highest paid player, not important, but just saying.

They might just as well shut the club down and the way I feel about football, not sure I'd be that concerned. Masters and Co be forever damned.

Yes he a good prospect, he didn't play for some reason Saturday which led to speculation he had gone for a medical somewhere. He needs to stay in Championship for another season though but trouble is these Agents turn the players head
U think he could do a job here as backup

I would say he could, anyway you not having him!!, I've locked him in my wardrobe till end of Transfer deadline day.
1706049940495.png

I always wonder when people talk about bringing promising young players in as backup; surely it's better for their development to stay where they are and play, then step up.

Then I remember the fuss everyone made about Foden when people said Pep wasn't giving him a chance. Guess Pep knew what he was doing there

I always wonder when people talk about bringing promising young players in as backup; surely it's better for their development to stay where they are and play, then step up.

Then I remember the fuss everyone made about Foden when people said Pep wasn't giving him a chance. Guess Pep knew what he was doing there
Get alot of game time here backup to start as harrison is first choice, wingers imo should be changed during a game fresh legs

Status
Not open for further replies.