January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlon Gomes is an extremely talented box-to-box midfielder but what sticks out the most is his versatility across the pitch. Across the past two seasons in Serie B and Serie A Gomes has featured across several positions including as a central defensive midfielder and right winger. As of late, he has consistently featured as a central midfielder in a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2. With that being said, that is not to say that he stays in a fixed position during the match. During the 90 minutes Gomes can be found pressing the opposition high up the pitch, defending deep as part of a low block, and dribbling past defenders near the touchline while in possession. When looking at his defensive qualities of Marlon Gomes, what stands out are his high work rate and technical capabilities. Gomes can be seen successfully completing defensive actions all over the pitch during any given match, often winning the ball against opponents with larger body profiles. While his physical stature is quite average for the position, his high stamina and intelligent positioning makes him a remarkable defensive presence. Additionally, he is a very capable midfielder in terms of ball carrying and dribbling into dangerous areas. Often after winning the ball back, Gomes can be seen looking to make progressive runs into the opponent’s final third in the transition. Overall his technical ability is very impressive and is very much capable of making effective runs near the touchline highlighting his flair. If there is any area to improve upon it would be his passing efficiency and volume. While he looks to make progressive passes and key chances during a match, he needs to tighten this part of his game and look to have goal creating actions with greater frequency to make this a true highlight of his game.

I have just read that the manchester lad has turned down Sevilla and is comming to us, The problem is I cant find where I read it. Maybe I am loosing my marbles .

Status
Not open for further replies.