January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we would get a lot more for Pickford than DCL, not sure many clubs would touch DCL because of is horrendous injury record.

Not sure mate, the economy for striker will always have a higher baseline then a keeper in my opinion. Spurs have signed a brilliant keeper btw, he's been top.

Can see there being interest myself for a few reasons, one - when fit hes very impactful and influential, his skill set is vaired and only a few have it, his contract has a year to run in the summer, think he would be open to it and i think clubs know there could be a bargain there becauseas we are a skip fire and living hand to mouth. A club would bring him into their ranks and be confident of managing his fitness in a bigger squads. Id be looking at him if i was elsewhere. Everton is a bit of a supermarket sweep - you can go get anyone you want really.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLW
Not sure mate, the economy for striker will always have a higher baseline then a keeper in my opinion. Spurs have signed a brilliant keeper btw, he's been top.

Can see there being interest myself for a few reasons, one - when fit hes very impactful and influential, his skill set is vaired and only a few have it, his contract that has a year to run in the summer, think he would be open to it and i think clubs know there could be a bargain there because we are a skip fire and living hand to mouth. A club would bring him into their ranks and be confident of managing his fitness with bigger squads. Id be looking at him if i was elsewhere. Everton is a but of a supermarket sweep - you can go get anyone you want really.
A fit and on form DCL is effective but that's very rare, if he became available im sure a few clubs would be interested but doubt many would be willing to go North of 25-30m if any, again because of his injury record.

Im sure we value him a lot more than that.

A fit and on form DCL is effective but that's very rare, if he became available im sure a few clubs would be interested but doubt many would be willing to go North of 25-30m if any, again because of his injury record.

Im sure we value him a lot more than that.

Aalong way now between Jan and the summer mate - if hes playing week in week out or even 20+ games, there will be interest. If his fitness is proven we would accept 40 mill + heavily incentivised appearance payments as accelerators and that will be an acceptable deal for someone, ive no doubt. I think he's worth more to us then that though.

Ultimately though i think we are coming to the brinkmanship and a tipping point with DCL, its the next saga - given his contract, likely interest and our need for money. Hes low hanging fruit - more so then Pickford IMO.

Reactions: JLW
Aalong way now between Jan and the summer mate - if hes playing week in week out or even 20+ games, there will be interest. If his fitness is proven we would accept 40 mill + heavily incentivised appearance payments as accelerators and that will be an acceptable deal for someone, ive no doubt. I think he's worth more to us then that though.

Ultimately though i think we are coming to the brinkmanship and a tipping point with DCL, its the next saga - given his contract, likely interest and our need for money. Hes low hanging fruit - more so then Pickford IMO.
Its the 'ifs' that are the problem with him mate, that's why i don't think we would get close to what we would want.

I don't see any of our big players going in January but definitely next summer, but then we don't know how much of a financial mess we are really in.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Spurs had a crack at DCL in Jan if he maintains fitness til then. Not really replaced Kane and he'd fit the bill more than what they have. They've also got a few carrots they can dangle like waiving the Dele fees and / or a loan of Richarlison.

Onana and Branners will 100% be sold in the Summer.

Not even a shred of doubt.
Agree if a teama bids what the club thinks is good will be off. I expect changes at cb club will be looking sell ben and holgate cant see both being happy as squad players

Onana and Branners will 100% be sold in the Summer.

Not even a shred of doubt.
Two reasons to sell
1) manager doesnt see the upside of keeping them (e.g. Davies, Coady, Townsend)
2) offer is too good to refuse (e.g. Gordon, Richy)

I don't see many leaving in January either, but in the summer....

#1 - Gana, Danjuma, Godfrey, Keane, Patterson

#2 - Onana, Branthwaite, DCL, Pickford, Garner ..

.... all possible

Two reasons to sell
1) manager doesnt see the upside of keeping them (e.g. Davies, Coady, Townsend)
2) offer is too good to refuse (e.g. Gordon, Richy)

I don't see many leaving in January either, but in the summer....

#1 - Gana, Danjuma, Godfrey, Keane, Patterson

#2 - Onana, Branthwaite, DCL, Pickford, Garner ..

.... all possible
Cant see pickford or garner imo, dcl maybr if he has strong finish could get teams looking

Status
Not open for further replies.