January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The below is based off us being linked 12months ago & what was posted in the link @Goat posted.

Mejbri is a 10 playmaker or an 8 box to box

In the youth teams (u18 + u23) apparently he was outstanding and highly rated but with Bruno Fernandes the starter he wouldnt get ahead of him as playmaker. Also as the box to box or high emergy McTominay would be ahead of him as well he cant break into the team.

Can pass, run, carry the ball well, dirty/snide player and would be backup to Doucoure and Garner.

As mentioned, he and Chermiti are both of Tunisian descent and could be playing for them together. Nothing wrong with bringing him in on loan and seeing if he can push Doucoure out.

For those saying he could play wide, seems like hes been dreadful when used there -- according to united fans.

Cant believe no one remembers the same link Jan 2023.
No he can't, watched him a few times when he was at Brum and he gets very frustrated very easily and then starts flying into tackles. All this no10 playmaker stuff is BS imo, he will drive fans up the wall.

Actually think he’s been huge for us this year mate, think we would really miss him.

Id begin the conversation at £85 mill and take £80mill.
If Onana was at Brighton they`d be saying £100m, it might take a window or so but if a team wants him they will have to pay.... I`m not sure why this club bows down to other clubs in negotiations. Because of Onanas size, pace and physicality he has a higher ceiling than Fernandes and Caicedo who both went for £100m.

Hannibal’s a good player.

He has a good balance to his game, decent technique and quality,, engine, real adaptability but what I really always liked him about was a bit of desire and high levels of snidery.
For which he picks up a lot of cards, can`t see that going wrong at all, in fact the Premier League and PGMOL are probably licking their lips at the prospect...

A bit of a headless chicken but works hard and plays CM which I suspect is the only criterias Everton are looking at...

so sell onana and the money goes to moshiri

ye good business
Whats the option after that, sell Onana and it goes to paying off :-

Genoas tax bill
Standard Liege debts to remove transfer ban
Vasco de Gama to remove their transfer ban
Sevilla and their financial meltdown

With 777 I don`t think we see a penny either....

Sou

Sounds like he is a perfect fit.

Would allow us to look at early offers for Gomes to try and get his wages off the books.
Gomes will not go anywhere, he will sign a pre contract agreement to move when his contract finishes in the summer, he will stand to earn more moving on a free and claiming his Everton wage than he would moving now, another Tosun, unless Saudi`s come in but they won`t be.

Would you say Gnonto and Summerville are better players for £10m more?
No mate, not at all, to be honest I wouldn't want any of them. I was just making the point that Werner flopped badly when he was last here, so this does not constitute a quality loan signing imo. I would rather we start to bring Chermitti through.

No mate, not at all, to be honest I wouldn't want any of them. I was just making the point that Werner flopped badly when he was last here, so this does not constitute a quality loan signing imo. I would rather we start to bring Chermitti through.
Werner is a good player, TBH not the type of player that would suit a Dyche side, not big enough to be the focal no. 9 and doesn`t work hard enough playing in the wide areas but the point remains, when was the last time we bought a player and thought "how di we get him for that price?" I seem to be saying that about pretty much every other club....

i.e. Brighton are buying an Argentinian kid from Boca in a deal for £9m... When was the last time we paid under £15-£20m for someone even half useful?

Because he is warming the bench, has questions about his attitude , can’t get in the team and the fans don’t like him.

Whats the relevance of this post in relation to his valuation in the summer and Summerville's perceived valuation today?

That was what was written, it might be a release clause. Leeds policy is to buy them, play them for a couple of seasons then sell the player for a profit. They didn't reject money for Gnonto it was how much we wanted to pay upfront that was the issue.

Is that their strategy as Im not sure theres evidence to show a clear policy of recycling players? Their previous DOF has given them a nightmare with the buyouts and/or loan clauses.

If they hadnt been relegated and didnt have new investors perhaps that may be the case but for now, we cant assume anything.

No he can't, watched him a few times when he was at Brum and he gets very frustrated very easily and then starts flying into tackles. All this no10 playmaker stuff is BS imo, he will drive fans up the wall.

Yeah, i remember he can be headless. Ive just really posted what the perception of united fans is.

If Onana was at Brighton they`d be saying £100m, it might take a window or so but if a team wants him they will have to pay.... I`m not sure why this club bows down to other clubs in negotiations. Because of Onanas size, pace and physicality he has a higher ceiling than Fernandes and Caicedo who both went for £100m.

It would be madness to sell for much less than £100mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.