January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be very hard for him to play in this country again imo, if anything they would be best to loan him out somewhere abroad till his contract runs down.
That what I am expecting to happen indeed...can see him going maybe first in a league like turkey and if he does well work his way to maybe the Italian league...maybe one day he'll come back to the English league but that will not be for a good few years

I'm pretty sure that's not how the law goes; innocent until proven guilty and all that

Now I haven't followed the case at all, so am in no position to opine but if the case has been dropped by the CPS would imply they didn't have enough to make a case, therefore he's innocent.

Last I looked, court of public opinion doesn't count in terms of someones guilt / innocence.
He doesn't have to be guilty of a crime to have his contract terminated, only of gross misconduct. Pretty certain the evidence already in the public domain will take care of that.

He's an abuser, just not a convicted one, and he should never play at the top level of football again. No doubt he will, though, because a lot of people and institutions have moral compasses just like yours.

He doesn't have to be guilty of a crime to have his contract terminated, only of gross misconduct. Pretty certain the evidence already in the public domain will take care of that.

He's an abuser, just not a convicted one, and he should never play at the top level of football again. No doubt he will, though, because a lot of people and institutions have moral compasses just like yours.
Well said. Been bugging me as this is where the law truly is an ass. We know that he's a wrong un. The law in this case has failed societal standards. Any club prepared to take a punt will divide their fanbase no doubt. Praying its not us ?

Mate, there is literally recorded audio of him assaulting her, and we live in a country where roughly only 10% of domestic abuse and sexual assault charges even go to court due to them being “difficult to prove”.

What’s the point of “innocent until proven guilty” if the guilty barely ever get proven guilty? Or do you think 90-95% of women lie about this kind of thing?
I didn't say it was right or wrong, just that no court has found him guilty of anything.

Again, I didn't say it was right or wrong, just that no court had found him guilty of anything

I’m not saying we should sign him, but if e wet one is so convinced he’s guilty why isn’t he even going to trial

Looks like Everton are getting desperate in their search for out-of-contract players...

Dickie.jpeg

To be fair, a Court found OJ Simpson not guilty.
FWIW I don't see how he comes back, particularly not to English football.

He's be toxic to any fanbase.

If you remember all the outrage when Ched Evans came back (and he was proven innocent),any return by Greenwood would be so much worse

Its February now, the January 2023 transfer thread is in the past, let it go.
I was thinking the same.

Shall we start a summer 23 or not bother as we won't try for anyone until 31st Aug deadline day
Before that we will be considering, mulling, taking a look at, preparing a bid, interested, very interested, making a formal approach.

Then end up with Ayew from forest

I was thinking the same.

Shall we start a summer 23 or not bother as we won't try for anyone until 31st Aug deadline day
Before that we will be considering, mulling, taking a look at, preparing a bid, interested, very interested, making a formal approach.

Then end up with Ayew from forest
That was already started in january ?

Aye. @MisterJ, many employers have a specific clause in contracts of employment where 'bringing the employer into disrepute' classes as gross misconduct.

I do not need to be convicted of a criminal offence to be sacked outright if my actions are deemed socially unacceptable, and believe me it happens.

Criminally, he's an innocent man and that should not be understated, but socially and morally I have huge issues with his behaviour.

Would I want him near my daughter? Most fathers would want to punch his head in. This, the disrepute part, is not something United will want linked to them.

‘He's an abuser, just not a convicted one’
The court didnt think so. Reminds me of the Paddy Jackson Rugby case when at Ulster. Court found him not guilty but hounded by the liberal media about a rape be didnt commit. Until Ulster Rugby cancelled his contract. Disgraceful. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.