January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no-one who can take a set piece. It would be worth signing Isco for those alone. Even if he played last 20mins of every game, it would give us a chance of getting goals from set pieces.

It could be the difference....

IMO we HAVE to sign him...
I've been banging the drum about set pieces forever, it's shameful a PL team has the delivery we have from set pieces, especially with a good amount of height in the likes of Mina and Onana. We create so few opportunities from open play that a proper set piece guy is so important. Ward-Prowse was the difference between us and Southampton, he's not exactly lightning either but he gets Southampton points.

We need someone who can take a set piece. We've missed that for a long time. But ten players can't carry an eleventh man just because he can take a corner. They need to be more than that. I guess the players on the free agent list don't cover a number of bases, hence them being on the fee agent list.

Isco is the one who excites/jumps out though. If he could get fit. Would he come to Merseyside? Could carlo have put a word in? Who knows...

I doubt it’s true, and I’ve no idea what his fitness is like these days, but one thing that is for certain is he can ball.
Over the last five to six years I bet I've averaged a bottle or red every other night. I'm 47 with one ankle, can't run etc. I think I'm more mobile and fitter than him.

Saying that he was top drawer a few years ago. I got to watch him a number of times and his skill was sublime. Unfortunately those days are gone imo.

Bills donned his Spanish gladrags to impress Isco.

Attachments

• benidorm_eddie.jpg
    benidorm_eddie.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 25

Status
Not open for further replies.