January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made £100 million+ off the sales of Richarlison and Gordon

Already blew a chunk of it on McNeil and Maupay

They have to get the recruitment right now, we blow it on obvious mediocrity again and we simply just deserve relegation

It would serve us well for us to stop stockpiling average footballers, Che Adams is clearly not good enough

I’m talking money blown as in money wasted

Not money blown on Onana as we’d make profit on him and he’s probably our best player at the moment

McNeil and Maupay just look like money down the drain, neither can get in the team and when they do they look so ineffective

With the money brought in, we should be able to do a Newcastle and spend £100mil.

Really have to be making offers across the continent for top young players to drag us up the table.

I'm just saying we spent £30m or so on Onana which, combined with the £30m on Maupay and McNeil probably means there isn't the wiggle room that some people think there is for transfers, even after the Gordon sale.
It doesn't work like that on the books, Onana 30 mil 5 year deal amounts to 6 million per year. I feel like FFP has been the problem more than money, but with that being said we have a stadium to finance too

Can we ban people mentioning the money spent on mcneill and maupay for the next 4 days. Its spent, it done with and it's totally irrelevant now .
It's important because expectations need to be tempered about what we are likely to do in the next couple of days. Just because it's already happened doesn't mean we aren't living with the consequences.

With the money brought in, we should be able to do a Newcastle and spend £100mil.

Really have to be making offers across the continent for top young players to drag us up the table.
I'm sorry but that is not where we are financially. The Gordon sale gives us some latitude but I doubt we will even spend the money recouped on Gordon in full.

I'm just saying we spent £30m or so on Onana which, combined with the £30m on Maupay and McNeil probably means there isn't the wiggle room that some people think there is for transfers, even after the Gordon sale.

If we spent £60mil then if they were all on 5 year deals (cant be bothered to check) that would mean £12mil off the books this year for FFP.

With the Gordon sale alone thats £45mil on the books this year.

Difference of £33mil which could be used this window. Giving the club a far larger amount to use across the deals.

If we spent £60mil then if they were all on 5 year deals (cant be bothered to check) that would mean £12mil off the books this year for FFP.

Difference of £33mil which could be used this window. Giving the club a far larger amount to use across the deals.
We'll find out in 72 hours. Our financial situation is dire, £300m lost in 3 years. One £40m deal barely touched the sides.

And don't forget the million quid for Broadhead

How on Earth do you work that out? We are clearly in a sell to buy position. We have limited FFP headroom. There is no chance we are committing £100m

We will do well to spend the Gordon money.

Status
Not open for further replies.