January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

….really? I’m sure there are plenty of examples of foreign players coming into this league and having an instant impact. Haaland hasn’t done too badly.

All I’m saying is I’d much prefer a progressive young attacker than wasting monies on a 28 year old who has only scored 26 league goals in his entire career. Surely Thelwell can find somebody better.

Haaland was born here of course and had all of pre season, but I know what you are saying.

I hope we can find others too, but anyone new to the Premier League or England is fundamentally more of a gamble at this stage. We are only 2 points from safety with almost half a season to play. I'd rather gamble more in the summer. Newcastle signed Burn, Targett, Trippier and Wood last Jan with the luxury of Guimares and it worked for them. It took Guimares 8 games to start a match by the way and they lost the first 2 he did.

The run that kept them up was in the games before he started where they won 6 and drew 3. Unbeaten in 9. The player who came into the team and started every one of those 9 games?

Yes you guessed it Ryan Fraser!!!

Haaland was born here of course and had all of pre season, but I know what you are saying.

I hope we can find others too, but anyone new to the Premier League or England is fundamentally more of a gamble at this stage. We are only 2 points from safety with almost half a season to play. I'd rather gamble more in the summer. Newcastle signed Burn, Targett, Trippier and Wood last Jan with the luxury of Guimares and it worked for them. It took Guimares 8 games to start a match by the way and they lost the first 2 he did.

The run that kept them up was in the games before he started where they won 6 and drew 3. Unbeaten in 9. The player who came into the team and started every one of those 9 games?

Yes you guessed it Ryan Fraser!!!
In your face boooo boys!!!!

In your face boooo boys!!!!

And for good measure, here are Fraser's stats in that 9 game run. I know he isn't the long term answer, but he will do for now...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_092800_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_092800_Opera.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 61

Status
Not open for further replies.