January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same Ryan Fraser that terrorises us everytime we come up against him...Be a good signing end of.
A player that got 2 goals and 3 assists in 27 premier league game last season? We need goals and he is not the answer...squad is terrible and we are going to make it actually worst even.

…that’s a bit strong.

it’s a footy forum where posters have opinions about footballers. If they have a view on Fraser it’s perfectly reasonable to communicate it without feeling the need to soil bedsheets.

For me, the young lad at Sheffield United is the type of progressive signing we need to make, it’s just a shame he’s not keen on us. We don’t want to waste the Gordon monies on more ordinary players. I think Fraser is ordinary.
What’s more, we could loan rather than buy a player like Fraser. Seemingly surplus at Newcastle so we’d hold the bargaining power. I actually don’t think he’s a bad punt for a 6 month loan.

100% this. People forget that if you sign a player from a foreign league with no Premier League experience, it takes time for them to settle. Time we don't have..

….really? I’m sure there are plenty of examples of foreign players coming into this league and having an instant impact. Haaland hasn’t done too badly.

All I’m saying is I’d much prefer a progressive young attacker than wasting monies on a 28 year old who has only scored 26 league goals in his entire career. Surely Thelwell can find somebody better.

The sentiment in my post Eggs is that now is the time for calm and trust in Dyche. We have had plenty of reasons to not be calm and to not trust our hierarchy, but whoever we sign will now hopefully be with a plan in mind.

Of course I would prefer us to sign the next big thing, but as Newcastle did last January, we just need to sign to survive. We can as long as there is a plan and we stick to it..
Newcastle signed top players last January on big wages...one of them, bruno guimaraes is probably the best central midfielder in the league right now. Doesn't look like we are going the same route...not by signing ryan frazer or taking a gamble on a championship striker.

Latest from SSN, also rumoured to be a sell on clause inserted. If true not a bad deal.

Gordon's Newcastle move edges closer​

Anthony Gordon is in the North East undergoing his medical at Newcastle, and putting the finishing touches to his £40m move, with £5m in potential add-ons.
Gordon will become Newcastle's second highest transfer, behind Alexander Isak, who the Magpies paid £60m for last summer.

Just a thread tor fully grown males to cosplay being footballl scouts agents and DOFs and passive aggressively disagree with other’s assessment of young males.

Nothing to see here guys what a beautiful day on the internet.
It's better than selling drugs or stabbing people I guess?

It's doesn't mate...this "preparing for the championship" shout is getting tiresome. Ryan Fraser is Premier league footballer and has been playing Premier league football for a good few season.
Look at his stats at Newcastle mate. Not the player he used to be at Bournemouth. There is a reason why Newcastle want rid and buy new player to replace him.

Newcastle signed top players last January on big wages...one of them, bruno guimaraes is probably the best central midfielder in the league right now. Doesn't look like we are going the same route...not by signing ryan frazer or taking a gamble on a championship striker.
He's good but he's no Tom Davies. Seriously good signing though.

Some reports say Ndiaye turned us down and others say the bid of £20mil was rejected.

FIrst signing for me would be Joao Pedro for a similar fee to what we paid for Richarlison.

He can also play on the left/right so a sensible signing.

I think we could spend more than the £40mil received...bring him in first.
But hes injured for about another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.