January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you here. I mean he clearly is quick, they say he wins all the sprints etc in training, but on the pitch he very rarely uses that to any effect, either on or off the ball. I assume it's linked to his embarrassing lack of stamina, so while he's quick in a one off sprint, he just has no energy left once he's played 5 minutes of football and can't do it.

I would agree with this.

I remember him leaving Wan Bissaka behind, very early on into his career at OT and thinking he had something. The issue is, he doesnt do it very often. This will sound odd, but Ronaldo made a career out of doing the same thing over and over to devestating affect. I'm not trying to put them together, but to say, he realised where his advantages lay, and he made the most of them.

It was probably helped by Van Nistlerooy back in the day just told him to cut down the extra stuff and cross the ball.

I said after the Palace game, you could tell he as on it, as he was squaring the defender up and putting the ball in. He can do that every week. Its ultimately up to him as to why he isnt doing it every week.

There are no foundations here for any manager to be a success here. The house has been built on the sand.

Everyone who follows English football knew Everton desperately needed a goalscorer lined up in January, and there is nothing even on the horizon. The club is just in a mess and in a constant spiral of going from one crisis to another.

And theres obviously no money. But what's amazing is there also clearly been no conversation about "well how do we get money". Just no urgency, or contingency planning at all.

And then you factor in, they had a 6 week break to have these discussions.

Why are we still reading about so many names that we are interested in signing, we have known that we needed a forward since August and it looks like nothing has been done. There should have been a new forward on the pitch against Brighton but this is Everton we will land some new dross player on the last day of the window and this will only be to appease the fans. Why do the R S have a new forward sat in the stand for their final game in December and Wolves did exactly the same . It is time for this owner and the rest of the board to go and let someone else take over and run the club properly.

We are an example to other clubs Bill, of what NOT to do
20230106_155123.jpg

Like I said, I agree with what you're saying about Kudus, I'm just saying that the costs wouldn't be the same overall so it's not really comparable. If Kudus would be asking for £100k a week then you'd have to assume that all three of the others would be looking at something very much in that ballpark. The last report I saw about Kamada (which said that Barcelona, Spurs, Dortmund and Sevilla were trying to sign him) said he could double his current £50k a week by moving, and Thuram is running his contract down with a view to a big payday and is apparently already on £80k as it is. If anything they're bigger/more in demand players than Kudus, there's no reason to think they'd accept less in wages.

Players being signed for big fees ask for big wages. Players signed for less money usually command lower wages.

Thuram was signed from the French second division. I highly doubt Mönchengladbach signed a lad from ligue 2 on £80kpw.

Players being signed for big fees ask for big wages. Players signed for less money usually command lower wages.

Thuram was signed from the French second division. I highly doubt Mönchengladbach signed a lad from ligue 2 on £80kpw.

I highly doubt they're paying someone who's just played in the World Cup final the sort of wages he'd be getting in ligue 2 either, but I suppose we'll never know. Generally speaking people who are running their contracts down get higher wages, because you end up paying them the equivalent of what you would have paid in fees, and both Thuram and Kamada are out of contract in the summer. Of course it's possible that they'll turn down the supposed combined interest of Barcelona, Chelsea, United, Spurs, Dortmund and Newcastle in order to come here and play for the same wages that they currently earn at better clubs, but it seems a little unlikely to me.

And theres obviously no money. But what's amazing is there also clearly been no conversation about "well how do we get money". Just no urgency, or contingency planning at all.

Maybe there has been conversations about how funds are raised in terms of player sales. There's very little doubt the club know who is available for transfer.

The issue is that you need a willing buyer. Not 100% sure which player could be sold to raise funds that wouldn't impact the quality of the 1st XI.

Then you are talking about rolling the dice. Getting rid of a Pickford or Gordon to raise funds to buy 2 or 3 players to improve other areas of the team. That's a risk given the new players will be from a smaller pool of players available in January, they may need to be bedded in and the inherent risk any player in the 15-25M bracket comes with. Do you actually gain more than you sacrificed? It's a big risk.

Absolutely not one bit surprised. I fully expected this board to expect the current team to be able to keep us up but that's not a shock because they are so disconnected to football that we are were we are. Either we sell to buy or we beg for loans. Recalling our youngsters is testiment to the situation we are in. Tonight is a free hit, Southampton and beyond are Cup finals now, it's a terrible situation but it's not like we weren't warned last season. We all want Everton to make us proud but at the moment the club is in utter turmoil and we are hurting but must stick together. Things will get better (one day) for now I think expecting the worse might be the best way of coping. I am certainly not expecting any significant transfers this window.

Offer £30m up front with performance-based add-ons and £75k a week and see if they bite. Think that's still a good deal personally.
We are linked with trying to blag a loan deal for Danny Ings. Hardly suggests we've got £30m just sitting around in the transfer kitty.

Kean £28m coming in.

Keane and Doucouré should get us £20m this January.

We should go out and sign Kudus.
The Moise Kean money is not due until the summer. I doubt Keane and Dacs (two unwanted squad players) would go for ~£10m a piece, and even if they did we're still half way away from Ajax's reported asking price (assuming they would be open to selling him, and assuming he would want to come to a relegation threatened team and not a much better prospect).

Status
Not open for further replies.