January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ajax think they are getting 40m for Kudus at this stage of his career I think they are badly mistaken.
I think he has a lot to prove before he merits that kind of fee and meantime his contract will probably not be extended by him.

Some people on here are happy for us to spent £40m on him and give him £100kpw apparently.

*runs away*

He'll be lucky if he's on £30kpw Mönchengladbach are a europa league team who sometimes break into the champions league in the german league. They aren't paying mad wages to players. So we could easily double that and everyone will he happy.

Yeah...I did put in my op that if we were to get these players it would be because no one else went in for them and even if we did have a bid on the table for them they'd wait till the end of the window for better offers.

So I'd thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Maybe next time read my whole post instead of putting a arsey comment? Would make the fourm a nicer place for everyone :coffee:
Im not being arsey, I’ve literally said twice that I agree with the basic point! My point about the other teams etc was relevant to what I’m saying, in that the only way we could likely get that calibre of player is by offering big wages. Nobody is swapping playing in the CL with Frankfurt or the possibility of a bigger move in the summer to come here without us doubling their wage at least, that’s the point.

For some reason you’ve decided to argue instead of just agreeing that whichever way you look at it the budget for signing the players you mentioned would have to be significantly bigger than the budget to sign kudus. It’s just a pet hate when people ignore that wages etc are a massive part of where the budget goes, or that it’s easier to attract good players for seemingly bargain prices if you’re in a position of strength.

Everyone on here hated on Newcastle and were up in arms when the thought of Eddie Howe being our manager came up. He now has them fighting for champions league while we’re sat fighting just to stay up. Perhaps the fans don’t know as much as we think we do.

I'll be honest, the fact that there is a massive TV deal with Saudi Arabia that was reliant on the Saudi PIF being able to buy Newcastle, is a massive red flag to me about how well there doing in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I think their being run well and doing it the right way but going from 0 wins and bottom of the league last Xmas to being in the race for the title 12 months later is very strange imo, especially in a league I already believe is corrupt.

Everyone on here hated on Newcastle and were up in arms when the thought of Eddie Howe being our manager came up. He now has them fighting for champions league while we’re sat fighting just to stay up. Perhaps the fans don’t know as much as we think we do.
We know he wasted millions and millions on RS castoffs. That should be enough to scare any supporter group.

Im not being arsey, I’ve literally said twice that I agree with the basic point! My point about the other teams etc was relevant to what I’m saying, in that the only way we could likely get that calibre of player is by offering big wages. Nobody is swapping playing in the CL with Frankfurt or the possibility of a bigger move in the summer to come here without us doubling their wage at least, that’s the point.

For some reason you’ve decided to argue instead of just agreeing that whichever way you look at it the budget for signing the players you mentioned would have to be significantly bigger than the budget to sign kudus. It’s just a pet hate when people ignore that wages etc are a massive part of where the budget goes, or that it’s easier to attract good players for seemingly bargain prices if you’re in a position of strength.

I'm not ignoring the wages you literally said we'd have to pay 10 times the wages it would cost us to sign kudus. It blatantly wouldnt.

I agreed we'd have to pay more in wages for 3 players instead of but it wouldn't be 10 times like you said. You also thought thuram was on £80kpw for some mad reason. Again you blatantly aren't reading what I've been posting.

Unless they go to a CL team they aren't going to get the wages your talking about. If they go to a CL team they won't be starters they'll be rotation squad players.

If we go in for them we can offer them first team football and increase their wages.

Also my original point was we should be looking at getting in players cheap in order to be able to sell them on whether they do well or if they fail were not stuck with them. Like we have been with every player we've bought in the last 6 years. Instead of paying £40m and £100kpw for one player.

Ok, could be wrong, but I defo read it

“I lived near Watford – born in Amersham, raised in Chesham – so I used to watch Watford.

“Watford were playing in the 1984 Cup final, so I turned it on being a Watford fan, and then watched the game and there was just something that said I have to support the blue team.

“It was the kit, the name... and that was it. I was hooked. That inspired my following of them and I followed them ever since. I was a passionate Everton fan as a kid.

"When I moved to Bournemouth, when I was 10, I went to watch them being my local team. Watford, Everton, Bournemouth – they were my teams.

“I remember my first football being one of those plastic ones which had all the names of the Division One teams in it. You would spot them all and I was an Everton fan growing up, so I would always look for them when I picked up the ball.”

Thats from a interview he did in 2016 mate

May of changed his mind since then, we probably all have thought about it since then lol

“I lived near Watford – born in Amersham, raised in Chesham – so I used to watch Watford.

“Watford were playing in the 1984 Cup final, so I turned it on being a Watford fan, and then watched the game and there was just something that said I have to support the blue team.

“It was the kit, the name... and that was it. I was hooked. That inspired my following of them and I followed them ever since. I was a passionate Everton fan as a kid.

"When I moved to Bournemouth, when I was 10, I went to watch them being my local team. Watford, Everton, Bournemouth – they were my teams.

“I remember my first football being one of those plastic ones which had all the names of the Division One teams in it. You would spot them all and I was an Everton fan growing up, so I would always look for them when I picked up the ball.”

Thats from a interview he did in 2016 mate

May of changed his mind since then, we probably all have thought about it since then lol
? I was on about Kenwright !

Status
Not open for further replies.