January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not sure what we will do in the window, common sense says that we will push the boat out to bring in the fire power to keep us up. If you think about it though, the stories about the new contracts for Gordon, Iwobi and Pickford seem to have gone very quiet and the club made no move to replace Lampard during the 6 week break.

The cynic in me wonders if the club have already accepted that relegation is a real possibility and that they don't want to saddle themselves with any unnecessary expense when we go down.

I'm really not sure what we will do in the window, common sense says that we will push the boat out to bring in the fire power to keep us up. If you think about it though, the stories about the new contracts for Gordon, Iwobi and Pickford seem to have gone very quiet and the club made no move to replace Lampard during the 6 week break.

The cynic in me wonders if the club have already accepted that relegation is a real possibility and that they don't want to saddle themselves with any unnecessary expense when we go down.
That would be sensible re the new contracts

This is Everton :
Maybe sell a first teamer ( Pickford / Gordon )
Sleep walk through Jan
Couple of late panic cheap buys on the last day of window
A few inspirational calls for action from Coleman
Appeal to fans to " get behind the club " again
Some injuries
Dodgy VAR against us
Other clubs wishing for our demise....

Only question is can we repeat last season's ending ? Not sure we can .... not sure I am as invested in our survival this time

coyb

Gyokeres would be good if we could get it done, he's had two good seasons and really does finish well, he is also a handful even if he isn't scoring he is occupying we currently have nothing up there

Brighton got rid of him cos Maupay was better.

Brereton for Blackburn though is a year younger, scored more goals.

And also re Lampard, why pay him compo if they think we are going down anyway, they may as well let him take us down if they are not going to commit to strengthening the squad significantly through extending the better players deals and bringing in some decent quality new players.
The time has gone to make that change. We have made our bed. Need to stick together and hope we can scrape over the line again

Status
Not open for further replies.