January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we as fans can safely assume we don't have £60m to spend unless we're betting on not only staying up but also selling two players. That's fine, like, but neither of those things are guaranteed.

EDIT: And, importantly, the Kean money will already be accounted for in this year's accounts. Let's see but if there was money to spend then they should already be spending it.
Ypu sure that the money will be in this years accounts? As I thought there was a period for them to negotiate with us, but that finished only a couple if days back. So, that being said, wouldn't make sense ? I could be wrong though

£20m right?

£15m and I’d do it. And they can have Keane for free to give them some steel at the back ?. Proverbial handful, and we could play the same way with him or Dom. Scraps away brilliantly against thuggish Championship centre backs and celebrates goals properly.

Someone (probably Forest) will pretend to offer £19m, then Cov will set the new price at £25m, and he won’t go anywhere, will have a duff end to the season and be in Turkey with Cenk by August.

Wolves don't have the finance nor the need for another striker unless raul jimenez goes. Brentford on the other hand are going to be desperate for a striker with the expected long term suspension on toney. They have a good eye for players so if its true they are interested then that should be a good indicator that he could do well. 20 millions seems a lot but if a lot of it is addons then could be good value.
He is the top scorer in the Championship and Coventry's best player so they are never going to just give him away because we are skint.

Imagine thinking we have the merest sniff of getting Kudus in now. Boy dodged the biggest bullet of his life and then raised his stock tenfold.
Don't think he's completely ungettable tbh. The PL is so attractive these days that most players would see even us as a step up from the Eredivisie. Based on Gakpo going for 40ish I reckon Kudus is still about a 30-35 player as he is less well established than Gakpo and maybe we could raise that or do it as a loan with obligation and fund with the Kean money. Then it's a question of whether a bigger club would go for him: maybe, but a lot of clubs are pretty well settled in that sort of position. I think it's unlikely but not impossible.

Ypu sure that the money will be in this years accounts? As I thought there was a period for them to negotiate with us, but that finished only a couple if days back. So, that being said, wouldn't make sense ? I could be wrong though
The money will always have been coming in before the end of June yes.

Gyokeres would be good if we could get it done, he's had two good seasons and really does finish well, he is also a handful even if he isn't scoring he is occupying we currently have nothing up there

Certainly looks to be able to play as a DM to me. He and Onana could be quite a pair.

Also could move Gana out and Onana as anchor with Garner box to box.

Im more considering sales of players such as Keane, Doucoure, Mina and Holgate...not to mention possibly Pickford.

Thats a lot of wages and a sizeable amount of transfer funds.

I would guess the £28-31mil Kean fee would be counted in the summer.

With the FFP rules as they are though if we were able to use it from the 2023 calendar year then that may enable us to bring in Kudus or similar.
He's not yet ready for a 6 role in the PL mate, but we can't know if he suits another role until he comes back, annoyingly.

I don't think we sell more than one of those players in January and we won't be selling Pickford next month.

Kean money is guaranteed to come in this calendar year - i.e. before start of July - so it will already have been earmarked for this accounting year.

Gordon and Gray are rapid, we need quality in the final ball, killer instinct in the final third, not more raw pace I hate to say.
Neither of them know how to use their pace effectively though.

In credit to Benitez (FFS) he did seem to just tell Gray to actually sprint/come up with a system that enabled space for Gray to get through the gears, whereas Lampard wants him holding the play or he's not telling Gray to stop doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.