January Transfer Window 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok wanting a targetman but if you play with no width it's utterly pointless

..no, we are seriously missing an 'out ball' when DCL doesn't play. It means full backs tend to play passes to CBs because there's nobody to hit. It also means there's no link play from midfielders looking to play off the front man.

If Andy Carroll could stay fit for an entire season he’d be a fantastic signing, if we also started playing with width/crosses as I think is Koeman’s long term aim.

Firstly we absolutely wouldn’t, secondly no one expected Neymar to go for that much and ruin everything and thirdly if we’d have got £150m every player we signed would’ve cost at least double what we paid.

Mourinho himself said `he was cheap, and he would have paid double`
We pay Walsh to unearth talent what do we employ him for if he cant use the funds available ?
I dont think Klassen would have had a 50 mil price tag, or sigurdsen 96 million, however the funds should have been used to get the replacement
not the average hoofers we brought in

We pay Walsh to unearth talent what do we employ him for if he cant use the funds available ?
I dont think Klassen would have had a 50 mil price tag, or sigurdsen 96 million, however the funds should have been used to get the replacement
Don’t get me wrong, the club is utterly inept, I just don’t think I’m the circumstances we did anything wrong with the Lukaku transfer.

As for Walsh, god knows what he does but if we don’t get who we need in January he will have to take the fall

Don’t get me wrong, the club is utterly inept, I just don’t think I’m the circumstances we did anything wrong with the Lukaku transfer.

As for Walsh, god knows what he does but if we don’t get who we need in January he will have to take the fall

I would have liked a replacement before he went, using up most of the cash rather than waste it on dross

What Mourinho says about him and the reality are two different things. We got 75 million, rising to 90 (and signs are all those clauses will be met), and Rooney who was probably a 10 million player.
Thought that was about right tbh, but then we got mugged for Gylfi.

If Andy Carroll could stay fit for an entire season he’d be a fantastic signing, if we also started playing with width/crosses as I think is Koeman’s long term aim.
People wont like him for the fact he used to play for liverpool. He does only work when you have width in your team. We dont play with width atm. So at this current moment in time, he would be pretty useless to have playing up front. Hopefully we can start adding pace, width and crosses when bolasie and coleman get back in the side. If we play with width then it would be a yes from me. People will hate me for the comparison. But the closest you will get to a modern day duncan ferguson and the number 9s of yesteryear

We have a scout at Steaua Bucharest today to watch two players - Denis Alibec and Florinel Coman - one is a striker, one a winger.

We have a scout at Steaua Bucharest today to watch two players - Denis Alibec and Florinel Coman - one is a striker, one a winger.
Havnt heard of Denis Alibec but is the other one Coman the Barbarian? We need a bit of bite......Walsh needs to scout this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.