January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
300k a year is a giant pile of money, but maybe he would have got 500k a week in the summer on a free. Spur have effectively loaned a player to a club for half a season for 17 million? The deal makes a lot more sense to me if it's like 9 million and the rest is in add ons. Coutinho i believe was being touted around at a 17 million loan fee for the season. I believe the figure quoted in the end was like half that.
Maybe eriksen wanted game time with the euros coming up
i think Denmark qualified

Only 8 you are being very generous to a few of our squad there
Niasse
Sandro
Tosun
Morgan
Steks
Gylfi
Davies
Martina
Garbutt
That’s off the top of my head
A lot I could add given time
There are a few more
I think Niasse, Steks Martina and Garbutt’s contracts are up at the end of the season, so that’s around £150’000 per week off the wage bill which could pay the wages of two incoming players.

Hate to break this awful news to you but we’re 4 points off a potential Europa league spot explain to me how this season is over

6 of our next 9 games are against top clubs. We needed momentum heading into the run-in to stand a chance. We had to win our last two games in my view.

We'll miss Europe by a good 9-10 points now, minimum.

6 of our next 9 games are against top clubs. We needed momentum heading into the run-in to stand a chance. We had to win our last two games in my view.

We'll miss Europe by a good 9-10 points now, minimum.
I think the same situation was discussed at the beginning of December We were supposed to be in the relegation zone by Christmas

I think the same situation was discussed at the beginning of December We were supposed to be in the relegation zone by Christmas

Well that's the interesting thing for me. I think if we didn't get those results under Ferguson, we'd have spent big early in January as the last two games would have been absolutely must win to survive.

But we didn't because the pressure was off. For me, it's another sign of the club settling for mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.