January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to break this awful news to you but we’re 4 points off a potential Europa league spot explain to me how this season is over
Surely, if it was as easy to accrue points and jump up the league as everyone on here is saying, Everton wouldn't be sitting above 14th-placed Newcastle on goal difference?

Jarred Bowen - not sure if we would have to pay compo (he is 23)
Thomas Meunier - better than Sidibe and FREE
Blaise Matuidi - could be like Barry for a few years
Boubakary Soumare - don't know too much about him to be honest - cb and holding mid. Highly-rated by reports.
Eric Bailly - always rated him. Alongside Jones/Smalling he looked bad, but who wouldnt.

Anyone have these 5?

Hull have a option for another year on his contract I think.

Inter have signed eriksen from spurs, for £16.9m, roughly 20m euros. could this pave the way for Vecino to come to us? I know he plays in a different position, but the prices seem similar and if we sign Vecino would effectively mean Inter have spent nothing on eriksen
I really don't get why Eriksen would agree to the transfer, he is effectively giving up 17 million rather then enduring another 4 months at spurs. Sure having Eriksen for 4 months is worth something to Inter maybe 5 million. Loaning a player for 4 months at 5 million seems believable so that leave Eriksen giving up 12 million quid in order for him to not endure staying at spurs another 4 months? I guess it doesn't matter either way for inter, but it is cool that Eriksen has chosen playing football over a giant pile of money.

I really don't get why Eriksen would agree to the transfer, he is effectively giving up 17 million rather then enduring another 4 months at spurs. Sure having Eriksen for 4 months is worth something to Inter maybe 5 million. Loaning a player for 4 months at 5 million seems believable so that leave Eriksen giving up 12 million quid in order for him to not endure staying at spurs another 4 months? I guess it doesn't matter either way for inter, but it is cool that Eriksen has chosen playing football over a giant pile of money.
300k a week is a giant pile of money in my world

There's no point now getting wound up about the window. We don't gave a game until after it shuts and anyone coming in now will either be a very well considered signing or a panic buy. It'll be very easy to tell them apart.

The season died a long time ago and the corpse was well and truly desecrated with the last two results and four dropped points. We won't qualify for Europe, we won't go down; this window therefore doesn't matter.

I dont think we will be relegated but I do believe with reinforcements we can still qualify for Europe, but these frauds will continue to let the club down time and time again.....

300k a week is a giant pile of money in my world
300k a year is a giant pile of money, but maybe he would have got 500k a week in the summer on a free. Spur have effectively loaned a player to a club for half a season for 17 million? The deal makes a lot more sense to me if it's like 9 million and the rest is in add ons. Coutinho i believe was being touted around at a 17 million loan fee for the season. I believe the figure quoted in the end was like half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.