January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying that for ages mate. Some think CM and CB are the urgent positions; they are, but not as much as a striker. We need a slotter, fast.
Most seem to be of the impression that our strikers are poor because our midfield don't supply them, which is true to an extent. However, we are static upfront at times which gives midfielders no option but go long and lose it or pass sideways.

Both areas need improvement.

Don't really know why you would say this, mate. I don't necessarily agree that we need a scorer ahead of CM and CD, but I think there is enough of a case to be argued not to be calling people idiots. If we keep dominating for long periods and not scoring or only scoring the one, then it only takes a smidge of bad luck or error from us or bit of excellence from the opposition and we're in trouble. We need someone else like Richy, who will usually score when he should and sometimes score when he shouldn't. I wouldn't say absolutely top priority, but wouldn't be outraged at someone who did.

I dont need a reason to call dave names mate.

Most seem to be of the impression that our strikers are poor because our midfield don't supply them, which is true to an extent. However, we are static upfront at times which gives midfielders no option but go long and lose it or pass sideways.

Both areas need improvement.
There;s no blend there either. It's ok playing two up, but I'd rather we had very different pairings.

Don't really know why you would say this, mate. I don't necessarily agree that we need a scorer ahead of CM and CD, but I think there is enough of a case to be argued not to be calling people idiots. If we keep dominating for long periods and not scoring or only scoring the one, then it only takes a smidge of bad luck or error from us or bit of excellence from the opposition and we're in trouble. We need someone else like Richy, who will usually score when he should and sometimes score when he shouldn't. I wouldn't say absolutely top priority, but wouldn't be outraged at someone who did.

If we had a strong balanced midfield our attacking players would find themselves with more chances.

Since Ancelotti took over apparently weve had the most shots in the league...imagine if we had a good midfield.

None of them are getting work permits for Everton, Zat haha. If we couldn't get one for Henry we aren't getting one for them.

Key for me would be the transfer fee.

Remember, Richarlison got one for Watford at £15mil and Douglas couldnt get one at City but landed one at Villa as he was £20mil.

They would all be over £20mil so id be confident...

If we had a strong balanced midfield our attacking players would find themselves with more chances.

Since Ancelotti took over apparently weve had the most shots in the league...imagine if we had a good midfield.
Commentator said,50 shots since Ancellotti started. Was before are goal. So 3 goals from 50 shots. Goalscorer and creative midfielder needed desperately

Not really arguing with anyone on this mate - spine from back to front warrants attention. Quite possibly what you say re a better midfield resulting in more goals is correct. I'm just saying that someone who said "imagine if a reasonable number of those shots actually went into the net", might have an arguable point.

Key for me would be the transfer fee.

Remember, Richarlison got one for Watford at £15mil and Douglas couldnt get one at City but landed one at Villa as he was £20mil.

They would all be over £20mil so id be confident...

We're Everton, aint happening. I reckon the Henry business will have put Marcel off shopping in South America now.

I want to see if that Joao Pedro gets one at Watford.

Or a slotter.

Or both

Status
Not open for further replies.