January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does/can Rodriguez play on the right?

Imagine if we pulled off a deadline day bonanza:

Everton Soares - LW
Vecino - CM
Rodriguez - RW

would completely change our midfield and add some much needed creativity and goal threat.

Hmm, not sure on that tbh.

Agree on the powerhouse kind of thing, but Vecino isn't really a similar player to Gbamin either.

Isn't he like a tall lanky box to box who doesn't create much, the in between player really, who doesn't just sit an anchor. But admittedly I haven't seen much of him, that was just the impression. Got to be honest, gomes doesn't create much either so he's in that same bracket as well as Delph and Davies.

It would be ideal if we had a centre mid who could score imo.

Isn't he like a tall lanky box to box who doesn't create much, the in between player really, who doesn't just sit an anchor. But admittedly I haven't seen much of him, that was just the impression. Got to be honest, gomes doesn't create much either so he's in that same bracket as well as Delph and Davies.

It would be ideal if we had a centre mid who could score imo.

He's kind of more box-to-box but in the sense of a player who gets it and gives it. Gbamin is more physical I'd say, quicker too.

Vecino kind of played - from what I remember - as a traditional 8 at Fiorentina. Last season for Inter he played between a 6 and an 8 role. He's not really played that much this season.

Technical ability and physicality, exactly what we need in our midfield and Vecino would bring that. All that being said tho I’d hope that’s the last we see of bringing in players who’s value is starting to decline and are on big wages.

With Everton Soares, I’d prefer to be bringing in a left footed attacking player for a change but every time I’ve seen the lad play he’s looked superb and if that type of quality is available you get him in.

Hope we do get Soares in. We need more goals from midfield and out wide. He's a good age too.

We need to.stop buying older players, 28+ unless they are top drawer and are going to make the difference between us getting Europe or not.

Most of the players we buy should be young and hungry to prove themselves.
We need a bit more experience as average age of squad is young

Maybe it's the way he was deployed at Inter. Spalletti's system last season was a lot more defensive so most of his work was done deeper.

At Fiorentina he was given more freedom but still wasn't exactly a bombarding player.

For Uruguay he's often been shifted wide left because they have about 18 CMs and CBs and no wide players.

...he looks a big unit, not particularly fast but it’s useful to have height in there to win frequent aerial duals.

A few minor alterations here & there, a few replacement heads? Perhaps it's own thread 'davek's manifesto', then this transfer thread can have transfer stuff in it before the window SLAMS shut!

Exactly, it's very tedious on here. Couple of people added to block list and then the thread makes no sense as it's all about them. Weak moderation doesn't help.
Get the ones derailing off the forum, serves no purpose.
You expect us to be here 24/7 in every thread ?
If you have a problem, use the Report function... that’s what it’s there for.

I dont think we should be signing players over about 27 tbh.

I dont see the point in another midfield player similar in age to Delph.

If it's a quality addition then it doesn't really matter, but yeah of course we should be looking to sign players on an upward trajectory.

It's not. The footprint is big enough if there's a will to compulsory purchase at the back of the Bullens Road.

It's doable; the logistics are there and proven by fan groups in the past.
Dave, enough of this in the January Transfer thread eh ?
If you want to talk about stadiums, use the stadium thread eh ?

Well in that case !! But you get my point.

Yep totally mate.

Just from the fair bit I've seen of him - at least 15/20 games for club and country - I'm not certain he's gonna be a massive improvement.

But maybe he'll surprise me.

Wouldn't be against a loan move at all. But a permanent for a big fee would seem reckless.

Status
Not open for further replies.