You're saying that Everton don't want to be left with Everton on the left because that wouldn't be right, right?Would quite literally be the most Everton thing ever to sign a left winger called Everton when left mid is the only position we don’t need for our midfield.
I read 40mil. I do think Ancelotti will want at least 2 players of that sort age who walk into this team.We absolutely need a centre mid like Allan, if we can make it happen. He turns up he’s instantly our best CM, get 3 or 4 good years out of him, well worth it. We need a few players who are in their prime right now.
Wasn't he an Everton fan himself and wasn't we linked with him for quite a while ?
Already love how Ancelotti has us playing 4-4-2. With Bernard coming central and Walcott pushing forward, into a 4-3-3 similar to how Milan used to play. Bring Walcott out for Richy, and we'll be very strong in attack. No need to blow money on a forward in this window. Still desperately in need, for a Gattuso, Nesta and Maldini though
Nice news Eggs but given our money mess doubt we can afford any of them.....well, there’s just one week of the window to go and here’s the morning transfer gossip for Friday 24th January;
- Gianluca Di Marzio has informed Sky Sports News that Southampton Captain, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is Everton’s no1 transfer target in this window. The 24 year old Danish international midfielder is valued at £35m and has 18 months left on his current contract.
- According to Zero Hora journalist, Pedro Ernesto Denardin, the agent of Gremio forward Everton Soares was on his way to Europe yesterday to meet with the Toffees. He claims a deal for the 23 year old Brazilian international is ‘very close to happening.’
- Corriero Dello Sport suggest Everton as a likely summer destination for out-of-favour Napoli winger Hirving Lozano. Napoli paid €49m for the 24 year old Mexican and would want to recoup most of that.
- Tuttomercatoweb report Napoli are prepared to let midfielder, Allen, leave. They claim Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti has personally rung the 29 year old Brazilian regarding a move to Goodison but has not made ‘concrete steps’ to sign him. The same outlet suggest Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino, is not convinced of a move to Everton. Sky Italia says Manchester United have had a loan deal rejected for Vecino.
- Gazetta Dello Sport claim Juventus midfielder Emre Can prefers a move to Borussia Dortmund over Everton.
We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.